🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Live support
Page options
eb53a84c
Community Member

Live support

Hello,

I've been trying to get in touch with someone for the last couple of days about a few issues. It is very frustratinng not being able to get any help. I'm new to UPwork, but I'm considering deleting my profile altogether seeing as how I've already been scammed abd can't get any help. I've put in multiple tickets and, nothing! I'm disappointed and I'm starting to get fed up.

Please advise!!

5 REPLIES 5
martina_plaschka
Community Member

What is your question?

Hi Martina,

The first was about uploading a photo, but I resolved that one myself. The other was about a possible scam from an employer. I was trying to flag the messages and the post. I think I've effectively shut that down as well. At least I hope.

However, the main question is: Do all legit clients verify payment before posting?

Thanks

re: "Do all legit clients verify payment before posting?"

No.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask your questions right here in the Forum.

I can assure you that you do not need to contact Upwork Customer Support in order to ask about possible scams. You will be provided with faster, more up-to-date and informative information about scam jobs if you post questions in the Community Forum.

Great. So how does Upworks vet clients? 

re: "So how does Upworks vet clients?"

I can assure you that Upwork does not vet clients.

Anybody can create a client account.

Clients are not required to verify their payment method.

Clients are not required to verify their identities.

Recently, over the past year, I have seen reports that SOME clients are being asked to confirm some identity information.

I believe this is being done on a very limited basis. Perhaps this is triggered based on where a client lives. Or perhaps based on suspicious client activity. I am not sure.

But as a client, it best for you to identify these facts:
- Clients are not vetted.

- Client identities are not verified.
- Jobs are not guaranteed to be legitimate.

As a freelancer, I have completed over 200 jobs.
You may click on my profile photo and view my freelancer page and see how much money I have earned as a freelancer on Upwork.

I deal with clients based on their behavior on Upwork.

I have NEVER Googled a client name or company name to check out a client.

I have succeeded as a freelancer on Upwork, even though Upwork does not vet clients, and without vetting clients myself.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members