cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local Bank Transfer Delay (Philippines)

czarinaoliveras
Czarina Kristine P O Member Since: Jan 29, 2015
1 of 8

I know it's Thanksgiving week but this has never happened before in recent years...anybody else experienced a delay on their local fund transfer request for this week? I use my EON Unionbank Account? Anyone who can shed light?

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
2 of 8

Hi Czari, 

Generally, direct to local bank transactions take from 2 to 5 business days. Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays don't count as business days, so you may experience delays from the usual processing schedule because of U.S. holidays

If on the 8th business day the withdrawal still hasn't reflected on your bank account, please get in touch with our Support Team so that they can issue a trace for you. 

~ Avery
Upwork
juleeanne37
Julee Anne S Member Since: Jan 31, 2017
3 of 8
Hi,

I'm using EON as well and I'm experiencing the same thing. I'm thinking its because of Thanksgiving. Hopefully it'll get here today (MNL time).

: )
czarinaoliveras
4 of 8

Let's hope for the best. I just spoke with Unionbank and they said there isn't any floating funds from Upwork that is ready for fund transfer. 

I also traced my local fund transfer request from last year (Thanksgiving week) and it was never affected. Requested transfer on a Wednesday, I received it Thursday night and was able to withdraw the following day. So maybe Upwork (US) had an early holiday and had us waiting for our funds longer than usual.

Let's keep each other updated. 

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
5 of 8

Hi Czari, 

As communicated earlier, direct to local bank transactions generally take between 2 to 5 business days. I also checked and can see that the transaction was successful on our end. If this transaction hasn't reflected on your bank account by 1st December, please get in touch with us so that we can issue a trace for you.

~ Avery
Upwork
juleeanne37
6 of 8
Hi.

Thanks for the info. I called Unionbank as well but I was number 44 in queue so I just scheduled a call back. When they call probably later today I will check with them too. I'll keep you posted.
czarinaoliveras
7 of 8

It seems that they're getting higher volume of calls today because of the Upwork payout delay. I also requested a call back but they never called. Oh well.

When I got through, that's what they told me - they've been getting Upwork-related calls. They'd pullout your account, check their remittance department if there is any fund ready for transfer to your account, they'd say there's none, and then they'd advise you to get in touch with Upwork directly.

I hope you get a different answer from them...a more positive one. Smiley Happy

juleeanne37
8 of 8
Hi,

The funds came in.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS