🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Local Currency
Page options
negm_nemo
Community Member

Local Currency

Hello,

I want to use Upwork with some locals to insure that i get paied, the problem is that they don't have a credit card with dollars currency just local egyptian pound so can they still use it and the money be converted to us dollars or what they can do ?

3 REPLIES 3
JoanneP

Hi Ahmed,

It seems like you are referring to the billing methods that clients can use on Upwork. Upwork accepts Visa, Discover, Mastercard, American Express, Diners Club, and Diners Club International. We do not accept virtual, prepaid, or gift cards. Clients with a verified PayPal account have the ability to use PayPal as their billing method. Please read this help article for more information. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Joanne,

Thanks for replaying but, i've read the artical and i didn't find my answer there that's why i opst it here maybe i can get an answer, direct one 

can the client pay me with his master card while it only have egyptian pound and no dollars at all does the syste, convert the money from egyptian pounds to us dollars or the client must have dollars in his account ?

Ahmed A wrote: 

Can the client pay me with his master card while it only have egyptian pound and no dollars at all does the syste, convert the money from egyptian pounds to us dollars or the client must have dollars in his account ?

As long as the client's credit card allows for international transactions, Upwork will simply charge them US Dollars and the client's credit card issuer will exchange it. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members