sai_india

Local Funds Transfer Delayed India

Hi,

I had requested withdrawal on 2nd August 2016, received an e-mail from Upwork that amount should be delivered by 5th August 2016. My local bank is SBI and amount is not yet credited - its 11th August. My bank says that money has not arrived and I should get transaction details from Upwork.

Is anyone facing the same problem in India? I can see it has happened earlier too in July and April this year.

41 REPLIES 41

Hi upwork,

I had also requested withdraw on 2nd August 2016 and not get payment yet in bank. I also submitted a request on upwork help center.

Why this happen, Please explain Upwork....?

vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sudipa and Hardeep,

I'm sorry about the delay in receiving your funds. We are aware of a problem that might be causing the delay and anticipate it will be resolved by the end of today, UTC time. Please follow up on the tickets you submitted if the funds are not deposited in your account 24 hours from now.

Thank you for your patience.

Untitled

Hi Vladimir,

Please explain the problem dear. I have not get payment yet. I have withdraw money on 2 August from upwork.

Please solve this ASAP Please. I need money urgent.

Hope you understand.

Regards,
Hardeep

jasheem90

I transfered payment on my bank account on 2nd August 2016 but still its didnt came to my bank account.

Reference ID Date Type

Aug 2, 2016
Withdrawal
vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mohammad,

Please see the update I posted above and note that your payment should arrive in your bank account tomorrow morning.

Untitled

Hey thanks for your reply, Its been the 2nd day now and still I didnt got the payment in my account as you told it will be coming in next 24 hours. I hope this issue can be solved soon, My 2 payments still need to come on account thanks.

Hi Vladimir,

I have to say I have the same problem, I requested payment via payoneer mastercard on january 20th 2017, I have received a payment confirmation Email but still haven't received my money (it's Junuary 28th). I am worried about my newly acquired moneey (I am new on upwork), I have posted a question about this issue a couple of days ago but no answer.

I would appreciate some help.

Thank you

Hi Besma,

If you're a new user and have recently added the Payoneer payment method have you comfirmed your account with Payoneer? Check with Payoneer and make sure that your account is verified. Once you've confirmed with Payoneer, if you are still having an issue accessing your funds then open a ticket with customer support by going to support.upwork.com and clicking "Get help from Upwork" on the right hand side.

Check out this help article for more information.

Untitled

Thank you for your reply

raja70

Hi

I recently join upwork platform and appreciate your services and consider you the best freelancer platform in the world.But i am facing a big problem from last 7 days that i dont receive my money which is 43$ and it was processed on 3rd August 2016 but still i am waiting for it.

My bank officials said that we get amount within 4 working days but we did not receive your amount.

please tell me the swift code of that bank which is sending money to my bank and secondly inform me about the delay in payment and remember my all details was absolutely correct?

My refrence number is 95549952

Thanks

R.S

Hi Raja,

Please, refer to Vladimir's reply earlier on this thread.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi

Respected Valeria k,

I did not receive my amount in last 24 hours , so there is a still big issue for myself?

Thanks

Hi Raja, 

Please take note that we are aware of the issue and our team is investigating further. Please lodge a ticket with support so that we can issue a trace for your withdrawal. 

~ Avery
Upwork
tipwise70

Hi,

i have the same issue as well, I withdrawn on 2nd of Aug and today is 12th the money has not reflect on my bank account, as you refer to the previous response by the moderator, it's 12th and no payment made pls we request you guys to find immediate solution to this problem cos it's affect on personal living. 

Regards.

lpv8upwork

Hi Sudipa

May of the freelancers face the same issue. I also enquired at the branch and they say money hasnt arrived. An intermediate bank (standard chartered) is invloved in the transaction which might have failed to electronically transfer the money to local banks in india. Thats the error my bank spots.

Thanks

Yes Joseph, that is understandable but don't you think Upwork should take this seriously and do something about it. It causes undue stress for us. I initially thought that it is happening with me only. The money hasn't arrived yet. Next three days holidays in India...so further delay.

Yes. Accepting reality is a part of any job. You said you faced the same issue before, did it get cleared that time and if yes in how many days? where did the problem occur?

Thanks

Sorry I clicked something, and this thread became 'solved'. No I didnt face this before...but was reading many threads of April and March also. Same issue happened with the bank then too..intermediary bank I mean.

Whats the amount tht you withdrew

$437. I dont think the amount makes any difference.

vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

I've checked and see our team initiated a trace for some of the users who posted on this thread. If your transaction was initiated more than eight business days ago and the funds haven't arrived in your bank account yet, please get in touch with Customer Support and our team will escalate your case further.

Thank you for your continued patience.

Untitled

I have sent a mail to the support team. The money still hasn't come. Now..two days bank holidays and monday 15th August is Independence day, so one more holiday. This means further delay of 3 days.  From 2nd August - 15th August - its a long time, assuming the money comes in on 16th.

This is the response i got today concerning the delay of the payments

**edited for Community Guidelines**

I guess we all have to be patience and if something like this happens, its takes monre than a month before its can be resolved. so my advise is that you keep your mind away from it till you get a response from support team.

Did they tell you that it will take nearly a month or is it your opinion?

Honestly I was thinking of quitting upwork. These guys dont value the emotions of the workers. I saw someone prmoising the money will be there by tomorrow morning. Now we dont have the trace of him. I wonder what assuracnce did he give if he dont have any idea about how he is going to make it happen. 

Hi Joseph,

According to support team they said it may take upto 2 to 4 weeks as they await bank response or even more than that. here is support team response concerning your question.

Thank you for your disbursement details.

I also have a prove here with previous issue like this.

======================================================

on ‎04-21-2016 07:49 AM

Hey guys i am facing the same payment issues in India, last time it happened to me on February 17th that time my payment was delayed and after so many follow ups i received on 11th March, and again it happened last week on 13th April which they are saying to wait for another 8 business days for the trace.

Last time this is what i received from Upwork..

I dont know what you others have recieved it when it was delayed.
=========================================================================

So guys i'm not trying to scare or upset anyone,  of cos we are all upset and i'm sure upwork will be upset too but we have to be patient and wait till the money will be in our account and this is my first time experience in 10 months. I was upset that my payment was delayed and even i was unprofessional with the support team but i later calm down and realize its bound to happen and they always resolve this and your money is 100% safe.

Regards.

If I was thinking of making another withdrawal. I am worried if this is going to happen again. What am I to do so?

So I am, but I decide to wait until my previous payment reflect on my bank acct before making another withdraw so that's my advise but it's doesn't happen always.

From 2nd August - 15th August. I am completely clueless when the funds will arrive.

Did anybody get the money today?

tipwise70

As for me I haven't receive my payment. And if anybody as pls update us and I only got update from the support team that they are waiting for our bank update and I also got update previously that it was their intermediary bank that has the issue so we just have to wait and let them do what they have to do to get us out of this and I'm sure they are working on it as they already identify the problem but it is best known to the company itself.

I have already told them the first day that its not our bank but the intermediary bank whose electronic transfer to our banks might have failed due to some error or some insufficient documents. the intermediate bank is standard chartered bank located at mumbai and i have the ifsc code of that bank and i even contacted the bank but they say since we dont have any transaction number they could provide the details. I asked upwork the transaction details which they told they would give but not yet! 

I too didnt get the payment. Got the same mail from support team as you have got Fathima. Truly frustrating...our bank has nothing to do. Its their bank.

i would say its not their fault. As we have got an email that the payment was successful. the money went from them to SC. now the Sc failed to transfer the money to our account. The reason for this is yet to be known

So they should get hold of SC..isn't it? How can a bank take so much time to reply. Call facilities are also available.

jasheem90

Is there any perticular date ? or time when we get the payment in our bank account ?

Hey guys just receive my payment and I hope you all got your money now. Thanks to support team.

me too! 🙂

Happy

thanks support team

Totally, how many days it took for you to get the money. And is it a one time issue or it is the same for every transfer