Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local bank payment South Africa

hilaryreynolds
Hilary R Member Since: Jul 24, 2019
1 of 14

Hi,

I see that several African countries such as Senegal have access to local bank payments, but not South Africa, Is there any intention to add South Africa to the list of local banks? It certainly has the banking infrastructure for it and would save a great deal of trouble.

Thanks

lindafoo
Ace Contributor
LIN F Member Since: Apr 30, 2016
2 of 14
Hi there, yes I hope so too! In the interim, I’ve found that Payoneer (as opposed to Paypal) works best.
g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
3 of 14

Hi Hilary and Lin,

Thank you for your feedback I will share it with our team. Unfortunately at the moment, I don't have any details about this, I will check with our team and once we (Moderators) have more information we will update the thread. 

Untitled
bevcam
Community Leader
Bev C Member Since: Jan 2, 2018
4 of 14

PayPal integrates very well with FNB Hilary. After UW release the funds PayPal/FNB usually happens within 48 hours. Works fine for me anyway :-)

joduxbury
Ace Contributor
Jo D Member Since: Jun 14, 2017
5 of 14

I agree with Bev C - I also get my funds into my FNB account within 48 hours of withdrawing them from Paypal. It's super easy to set up Paypal integration if you have an FNB account.

boshoffirene
Community Guru
Irene B Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
6 of 14

FNB also gives non-FNB clients the opportunity to use their (FNB) PayPal facility to their own (different) bank account. The longest I have waited for a paypal withdrawal to reflect is 36 hours (approximately).

johan-schroeder
Johan S Member Since: Oct 7, 2020
7 of 14

Hi Bev C

Im new to Upwork and linked my FNB account.  I withdrew funds from Upwork into my FNB last Friday.  I received an email from Upwork to say that the money would be in my FNB account yesterday, but there is still nothing there.

Is there anything that I need to do with FNB in order to receive the funds?

Thank you in advance

Kind Regards

Johan

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
8 of 14

Hi Johan,

Please keep in mind that It can take between 2 to 5 business days for the funds to be loaded on your bank account. If you have not received the funds after 8 business days let us know, and our team will initiate a trace on your transaction. Thank you!

Untitled
johan-schroeder
Johan S Member Since: Oct 7, 2020
9 of 14

Thanks a million for your speedy reply, I will stay in touch Smiley Happy

r_soorajlal
Roxanne d Member Since: Apr 10, 2018
10 of 14

Hi Johan, 

I'm just wondering if you did recieve payment. I'm in the same boat and was just wondering how long it would take. I withdrew on Monday and still nothing. Last time I withdrew as a test from Upwork direct to FNB, the funds were in my account 12pm that very same evening.  I then decided to withdraw the same way as I thought it would be similar. I should have withdrawn via PayPal, 2-day wait and the exchange rate given by FNB is higher than Upwork. Anyway, let me know if you recieved your funds?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS