🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Local bank transfer
Page options
bensalem
Community Member

Local bank transfer

Hello, I hadn't received yet my last payment to bank account transfer. Upwork payment  Ref ID            333212016 - Amount  sent: $177.13 = 472.85 TND - Transfer processed on Oct 16, 2020 - That makes 11 days and I hadn't received my payment into my bank account- My bank agent says that they haven't received any new transfer for that amount today at 16H pm . please trace this transfer and verify if it's not lost or stolen in the way. Bank account: BANQUE DE TUNISIE account ending in 3021 – Thanks.

Salem
19 REPLIES 19
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Salem,

I checked and can confirm that a withdrawal you're referring to was successfully processed on our end. Please know that Direct to Local Bank transfers take between 2 to 5 business days. If it hasn't reflected on your account after 8-business days, please reach out to us so that we can issue a trace for you. You can check out this article for more information about fees and timing associated with the Direct to Local Bank method.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
bensalem
Community Member

Hello
Do you mean that money has reached my bank account and is already withdrawn
in my local currency (TND)?
If so, I can confirm that I haven't yet received any money from that
transaction.

Withdrawn was processed on Oct 16 and we are  todat Oct 26, that makes 11 days that I havn't received yet this money in my bank account
I was talking today to my local bank agent and he checked in his system screen
and he confirmed me that this money isn't arrived yet in his end.

Please trace the way to this transaction.
Thanks

Salem
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Salem,

We understand that receiving your earnings the soonest is very important. We aren't able to initiate a trace earlier than 8 business days after the withdrawal is initiated. Please let us know if you still don't see the funds on your account by Wednesday. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
66ecf5bc
Community Member

Hi Saleem,

I am sorry to know about the late payments regarding the local bank transfer. We know that it takes 2-5 working days. However, you haven't received your money yet. But it will not be stolen or withdrawn by someone else, for sure.

Wait 1- 2 days more, and I hope you will receive your money in your local bank. 

If not, Please contact the Upwork Support team.

Best wishes.

Thanks

https://www.coupongot.com/

Thanks Naheed

I will wait until next friday.

Cheers

Salem

Hi Mr. Salem, did you face a problem in TN using Direct local bank payment?

Hello Ahmed

In June 2020, I proceeded to two withdrawals to my local bank in Tunisia. The money arrived on my account within four days.

On October 16, 2020, I made a withdrawal to the same local bank account, but the money has not yet been credited to my account. I asked the head office of the bank in the capital, they said that there is no trace of the money that arrived at my bank. Maybe the money is lost, or has not yet left the issuing bank in USA

I am stressed about this last transfer. 35 days and I haven't received my money.

Are you experiencing the same problem?

Thank you

Salem
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused, Salem!

It looks like you have an open ticket with our support team about this concern. I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect to receive an update on your ticket as soon as possible. 

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
bensalem
Community Member

Thanks Bojan for your answer!

But I want to ask you the following:

What if my money is lost? am'I loosing it forever?

Can Upwork request to return back this money amount to my Upwork account, so I can withdraw it againvia payoneer?

Is there anycompensation from Upwork?

See my local banka ccount statement, there is no money transfer entering my account since October 16.

Thanks for the answer

**Edited for community guidelines**

Salem
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

I understand your concern, Salem.

I've forwarded your question to the team handling this case and they'll address it as soon as possible via your existing support ticket.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I'm sorry to hear that. I haven't withdrawn yet, i'm a bit puzzled.

I hope you get your payment soon.

Hello Ahmed

thansk for your answer. I recommand you to withdraw via payoneer, its faster and more more secure, but you loose almost $6.00 for each withdrawl:

$2.00 upwork fees (instead of $0.90 as local bank account)

$2.5 if you want to uppload money instantly to payoneer card- and Free if you want to upppload money after 2 days.

$2.5 for each withdrawl by your local bank ATM.

with payoneer is more secure and faster.

Happy working and happy days ahead.

Ssalamou 3alaykom

Salem

Salam Mr Salam, thank you so musch for your answer, i really appreciate it.

Good luck and i hope you resolve this matter very soon.

3alaykom Assalam

Hi Salem ,
I am in a similar situation its been 46 days I havent recieved my funds , I have tried my very very best to reach the support to get my funds in any way it was a very big amount , I just wanted to know if you were ever able to get those funds back to your account or are they still missing , If you found tose how much time did it take??

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Saad,

I'm sorry to hear about the inconvenience this caused. It looks like you're communicating with our team regarding this case on your existing ticket. Please allow time for our team to respond and update the ticket. If you have any additional questions please post them on that ticket for further assistance.

Thank you for your patience!

~ Bojan
Upwork
saadazam
Community Member

Hi Bojan , I understand but I just want to know if this has happened to anyone else before , I mean 45 days is a long time to wait for a payment normally I wouldnt create this much fuss but it was a very big amount for me , and I just want to know if theres a way it is lost or someone else faced any similar issue ...

Hello Saad

I'm sorry for this inconvenience.

In my case, I have been waiting for more than 2 months and finally money is back to my Upwork account. My local bank had rejected it! ! ! ! ! !

I don't know why? because I used to get my money in my local bank account within 3 or 4 days, but the last time it was rejected and been back after more than 2 months.

Anyway, don't be afraid, Upwork don't give up and will still tracing money and the ultimate solution is to get them to your Upwork balance.

Next time, it's safer to be paid through payoneer, it's safer and faster, but you lose some dollars with ATM withdrawals.

Cheers

Salem

Hi Saad

Can you please let me know, After how many days you received your missing payment, Now I am facing this issue, I am not yet received my March 5th withdrawal. I just want confirm payment should be received or lost?

Thank you

Hi Muhammad,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with a trace. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths