cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local funds transfer technical issue

Ace Contributor
Rabia A Member Since: Apr 13, 2011
1 of 12

I am having trouble with withdrawing funds via the local funds transfer system, whenever I try to

withdraw funds there is an error saying temporary technical issue, and withdrawal can't be processed. I

contacted customer support and they told me they'll contact the technical support, after a couple of days they

told me they've fixed the issue and marked the ticket as solved. But the problem is still there, I can't withdraw

any funds via local funds transfer. Now, the customer support is telling me that they process money via Transfast and

it may not have your bank listed on its list of partner banks. They can't tell me if my bank accepts Transfast, so they told me to visit their website, and asked me to open a new account if my bank isn't listed.

Wow! so now I

would need to open a new bank account to recieve payments, this is beyond me, I've never experienced any such issue before. I am just sick and tired of these persistant technical issues on the new UPWORK, it's certainly going down the drains for me!

Community Guru
Abdul R Member Since: Dec 4, 2014
2 of 12

Is your bank branch listed in Upwork? If it is listed then you should not be a problem? Please check with that?

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
3 of 12

Hi Rabia,

I am sorry for the inconvenience but unfortunately we do not support witdrawals made to certain banks anymore. Please, add an alternative method for withdrawing your funds from your Upwork account.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Tanveer R Member Since: Jun 12, 2015
4 of 12

Hi Rabia,

Same thing is happenning with me, I am using MCB bank to withdraw and upwork do not allow me to send funds.

Valeria, Can you please let me know which banks still works fine in Pakistan now?

MCB is one of the biggest bank in Pakistan and I have been recieving funds from last 2 years and suddenly you change your Processing partner?

Well you need to check your processing partner and make sures that all the Pakistani banks work with them.

We only have Local funds transfer option to withdraw funds. 

please take this matter seriously.

Thanks

Ace Contributor
Rabia A Member Since: Apr 13, 2011
5 of 12

Hi,

I have also been using MCB, and never had any problem, I contacted Transfast as told by the customer support to see if they list my bank. MCB is listed in their supported banks, then what is the issue? I am not getting this at all.

Upwork uses Transfast to send money to your local banks, anyone having an issue with local funds transfer should check with their website.

Tanveer R Member Since: Jun 12, 2015
6 of 12

Hi Rabia,

I am also using MCB, I have checked in Transfast and it seems that transfast does not have MCB listed for Lahore, Pakistan.

I will have to open a bank account In Meezan Bank, Allied Bank or UBL.

Thanks

Muhammad Y Member Since: Jun 24, 2015
7 of 12

Hi Tanveer,

I was using MCB for withdrawal and suddenly got this issue. Can anyone let me know which are the banks by which we can receive local transfers in Lahore Pakistan?

Regards,

Adil

Adil M Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
8 of 12

Hello,

Did you find any way? What are the other banks from where we can withdraw, let me know if you have any idea.

Thanks

Ace Contributor
Sara P Member Since: Jul 22, 2010
9 of 12

In my case, today, after withdrawing the available amount, I didn't get the usual notification.

It seems that the request was successfully submitted (I can see the operation listed in my reports), but the system didn't notify me as it should.

Amais Bin W Member Since: Dec 19, 2014
10 of 12

It happens because Transfast has suspended work with certain Pakistani banks due to security concerns. This change occurred on June 7th 2015.
You have to set up any other payment method or open acocunt in any non impacted banks in pakistan.

Here is list of non-impacted banks

Standard Chartered Bank (Pakistan), Habib Bank Limited, United Bank Limited, Allied Bank Limited, Bank Al Habib Limited, Askaribank Limited, Meezan Bank Limited, Dubai Islamic Bank Pakistan Limited, Faysal Bank Limited, Js Bank Limited, Bank Alfalah Limited, Summit Bank Ltd, Bankislami Pakistan Limited, Nib Bank Limited

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS