Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Location Suddenly Inaccurate

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
31 of 112

Hi Tracy,

I checked your account and you`re able to submit proposals, if you experience any problems with it let me know.

I’ve also reset your profile visibility back to public. Just so that you are aware, freelancers with no earnings in 30 days will have their profile set to private (locked) automatically. To avoid this, you can resume earnings on a new contract or upgrade your membership to the Plus plan. You can check out more info about this here. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Anne C Member Since: Dec 21, 2018
32 of 112

When I send a proposal to a client that has specified that they'd like freelancers only located in the U.S. Upwork gives me a warning that "I do not meet the requirements" of being in the United States and the client will see that. The issue is that I am in the United States and my location and Identity have been confirmed. 

I don't know how to contact support, someone please help! 

Highlighted
Amanda B Member Since: Feb 7, 2018
33 of 112

This happened to me today too! I had my location verified when I first started on Upwork, have been active on here for over a year and have Top Rated status, and yet I'm trying to apply to several jobs today and am getting an error message that I "don't meet the location requirements".  ????   This must be a bug in their system. This is a screenshot of what I see:

Highlighted
Debora C Member Since: Dec 22, 2018
34 of 112

When I apply to a listed job I get a notice that the job lister will see that I don't meet the following requirement, "located in th United States"  I am located in the United States and my account shows that with the Google map, etc.  How can I contact support to get that fixed?

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
35 of 112

Hi Debora,

This is a known issue, and our team is working on the solution. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support ticket and keep you updated regarding their progress. Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Alexandra P M Member Since: Dec 22, 2018
36 of 112

My country on my profile is the US, but when I try to apply to US only jobs, it says that I do not qualify based on not being in the US. What is the issue? How do I fix it?

Highlighted
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
37 of 112

Avery, for what it's worth, I received the same warning when I applied for a job today.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
38 of 112

Thanks for letting me know, John. 

I was able to replicate the issue, and the team has confirmed this on their end. Our engineers are currently working to resolve it, and I apologise if this has caused any inconvenience. 

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Signe J Member Since: Jan 29, 2016
39 of 112

I just posted about the same problem and included screenshots so the mods can see what I'm talking about. I'm relieved to know that it's not just me, but it's disconcerting to know that the entire system is on the fritz re: location.

Highlighted
Stephen A Member Since: Dec 26, 2018
40 of 112

A job posting is saying I'm not located in the US, how do I change that? Going into settings and contact info doesn't lead anywhere..

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS