Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Proposals don't reflect correct location in profile or account settings

Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
91 of 102

@kochubei_valeria wrote:

Hi Jeff,

I can confirm that this error only shows on the freelancer end and doesn't affect how the proposal looks on the client's end. Still, we expect the fix for this issue to be released soon.

We appreciate everyone's patience while we are getting this fixed.

Valeria,

Can you please define "soon".  I'm hoping Petra's guesstimate is a little off. Smiley Indifferent

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
92 of 102

Hi Virginia, 

While we do not have an ETA yet, we'll make sure to update this thread if there is any information we can share, and when the issue has been resolved. 

-Avery
Untitled
Andrew Bryan S Member Since: Dec 5, 2018
93 of 102

Every time I submit a proposal, if Preferred Qualifications is a U.S. location, Upwork says I'm not U.S.

I have changed it everywhere I can think of.

I live in Los Angeles and I am verified.

(I can't attach more than one screenshot but "My Profile As Others See It" does say Los Angeles.)

TYVM

Heather C Member Since: Jan 7, 2019
94 of 102

I have the same issue! I had not been using Upwork for a while, and today was my first day back. Could that be the problem?

Community Guru
Scott B Member Since: Nov 20, 2015
95 of 102

Long running thread on this topic: 

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Location-Suddenly-Inaccurate/td-p/545098/page/7

The TL;DR version is that it's a bug they are working to fix but one apparently that doesn't have any real impact as while you see this message, clients won't. 

Heather C Member Since: Jan 7, 2019
96 of 102

That's really good to know. Thank you!

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
97 of 102

Hi Andrew, and Heather, 

I have shared your account information with the Customer Support Team so that they can assist you, and share more information about the issue. 

-Avery
Untitled
Jenny G Member Since: Jan 9, 2019
98 of 102

I live in Texas.  Therefore, I live in the United States! But when I am trying to submit a proposal I get the following error:

You do not meet all the client's preferred qualifications

You may still submit a proposal, but the client will see that the proposal does not meet the following criteria:

I can't figure out how to overcome this! When I look at my profile, it shows my location in Texas.

Anyone had similar issues, or know how to solve?

Erin B Member Since: Mar 22, 2017
99 of 102

Hi, Jenny...

We chatted with Upwork about this yesterday.  According to Upwork Support, this is a bug that only the freelancer sees, not the Client.  So far, it hasn't affected us doing interviews or getting hired.  It has been happening with us very occasionally for a couple of months; Upwork has no idea if it will be fixed or not, and iso, when.

Hope that helps, and good luck!

Erin

TheVAFirm

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
100 of 102

Hi All,

A fix for this issue has just recently been released. Please, let us know if you still see a message about not meeting location preferences despite being located in the U.S. 

Thank you!

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS