Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Location Suddenly Inaccurate

Adam S Member Since: Dec 19, 2018
21 of 100

I'm still having this issue.

David C Member Since: Dec 21, 2018
22 of 100

When I want to submit a propoal I get a notification that I dont meet the client's qualifications due to my location not being in the U.S., but I am in the U.S. and my profile states I am in the U.S. This just started today, is it a bug? Will the client see this as well?

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
23 of 100

Hi David,

This is a known issue, and our engineers are looking into it. As Valeria confirmed in the previous post, these errors don't show on the client's side. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly via support ticket and keep you updated regarding this concern. Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Bryon W Member Since: Dec 21, 2018
24 of 100

I have a similar problem, but I can't figure out how to submit a support request. The error I'm seeing is the following:

You do not meet all the client's preferred qualifications

You may still submit a proposal, but the client will see that the proposal does not meet the following criteria:

But I am in the United States and my profile is in the United States. Can someone help me please? See attached screenshot of the error...

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
25 of 100

Hi Bryon,

We'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly and update you further regarding this known issue. Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Untitled
marc w Member Since: Dec 22, 2018
26 of 100

Anything more vague than "reach out" and "team member"

How about a time frame, and a degree of understanding of where the problem lies.

EX:

"Easy fix, the PROGRAMMER(s) are aware and the issue is due to a server upgrade or new code.  Debugging shouldn't take more than 1 -2 days"

The problem with those kind of vague phrases is that it alerts everyone to the fact that no one knows where the problem lies, or who to contact... The ultimate fixers of the problem are no doubt so far down the food chain, or unwilling to admit an error, or in some other company and location with 100s of other companies to satisfy that the problem wont get fixed until someone raises a fuss !

Matthew L Member Since: Dec 21, 2018
27 of 100

Before submitting a proposal I'm seeing a notification that I don't meet the requirements, it says "Location: United States". I'm based in the US and have my location listed on my profile. Does this mean that the job does not want US applicants? Or is my location not verified and does it look like I'm not based in the US? 

Anne C Member Since: Dec 21, 2018
28 of 100

When I send a proposal to a client that has specified that they'd like freelancers only located in the U.S. Upwork gives me a warning that "I do not meet the requirements" of being in the United States and the client will see that. The issue is that I am in the United States and my location and Identity have been confirmed. 

I don't know how to contact support, someone please help! 

Amanda B Member Since: Feb 7, 2018
29 of 100

This happened to me today too! I had my location verified when I first started on Upwork, have been active on here for over a year and have Top Rated status, and yet I'm trying to apply to several jobs today and am getting an error message that I "don't meet the location requirements".  ????   This must be a bug in their system. This is a screenshot of what I see:

Debora C Member Since: Dec 22, 2018
30 of 100

When I apply to a listed job I get a notice that the job lister will see that I don't meet the following requirement, "located in th United States"  I am located in the United States and my account shows that with the Google map, etc.  How can I contact support to get that fixed?

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS