cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Location Suddenly Inaccurate

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
31 of 100

Hi Debora,

This is a known issue, and our team is working on the solution. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support ticket and keep you updated regarding their progress. Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Alexandra P M Member Since: Dec 22, 2018
32 of 100

My country on my profile is the US, but when I try to apply to US only jobs, it says that I do not qualify based on not being in the US. What is the issue? How do I fix it?

Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
33 of 100

Avery, for what it's worth, I received the same warning when I applied for a job today.

34 of 100

Thanks for letting me know, John. 

I was able to replicate the issue, and the team has confirmed this on their end. Our engineers are currently working to resolve it, and I apologise if this has caused any inconvenience. 

-Avery
Untitled
Stephen A Member Since: Dec 26, 2018
35 of 100

A job posting is saying I'm not located in the US, how do I change that? Going into settings and contact info doesn't lead anywhere..

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
36 of 100

Your profile clearly identifies your location as being in the United States.

It looks like you're seeing something that is buggy in Upwork's system, and not something related to your user account.

I wouldn't worry about it. Apply the job if you want to.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
37 of 100

Hi Stephen, 

I shared this with the Customer Support Team so that they can investigate this further. They may reach out to you soon to request for more information about the issue. 

In the meantime, I wanted to check if you have tried clearing your cache and cookies, or using a different browser to see if the issue persists? 

-Avery
Untitled
Joey F Member Since: Dec 26, 2018
38 of 100

I am also having this issue.  My concern is that it says the hiring party will receive an alert that I do not meet their requirements.  I haven't wanted to waste my credits applying until I can address this.

Please advise.  Thank you!

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
39 of 100

Hi Joey, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with this issue.

-Avery
Untitled
Amanda B Member Since: Feb 7, 2018
40 of 100

Anyone else annoyed that this hasn't been taken care of yet? I got a message from the Upwork Help Center on Dec. 21st saying they were looking into the issue, a week later on Dec. 28th I sent an email asking for an update, and was told that it's "being worked on" by their technical support team. For nearly two weeks?? I'm worried that I will miss out on contracts. Not happy right now.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS