cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Location Suddenly Inaccurate

Barbra B Member Since: Oct 25, 2018
51 of 102

They don't show on the other side? This is the text of the message:
"You may still submit a proposal, but the client will see that the proposal does not meet the following criteria: Location: United States"

Thomas S Member Since: Aug 22, 2017
52 of 102

Hello.  I was in the process of applying for a job on Upwork as a freelancer and I'm getting a message that says that the prospective client has requested a freelancer living in the US and I don't meet the criterium.  Did Minnesota withdraw from the union and I'm unaware of it?  (sarcasm)   Can anyone tell me how to correct this problem.  I've been on Upwork for over 5 years and never had this problem before.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Nea S Member Since: Jan 5, 2019
53 of 102
Hi! As I can see you say that you don't meet the criterium for that client. Look what the client is looking for of the skills and see whether you fit into that description or not.

NeaS
Community Guru
Scott B Member Since: Nov 20, 2015
54 of 102

This is an ongoing problem with a lengthy thread. I cannot believe UW has not been able to solve this as I would consider it a serious problem that would impact the ability of a person to be found and seen. 

Separately, I wonder how you have been able to work on this platform without a profile photo. 

Nea S Member Since: Jan 5, 2019
55 of 102
I agree with you,that is real problem.
Eleanor H Member Since: Jan 6, 2019
56 of 102

Whenever I apply for jobs that are U.S.-only, it says that the poster will see that I don't meet the U.S.-only requirement. I live in New York, am a U.S. resident, and have verified my phone number. I was never asked to submit a photo of my ID for verification when I joined UpWork a couple years ago, and I can't find anywhere that will let me submit my ID now. What do I do?

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
57 of 102

Hi Eleanor, 

I have shared your account information with the team so that they can reach out to you with more information, and updates about the issue.

-Avery
Untitled
Ace Contributor
Eric W Member Since: Nov 2, 2017
58 of 102

I have been verfifed as in the United States, yet every now and then, I want to bid on a job and get the message that says:

"critera not met - not in the United States."

What's up with that?

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
59 of 102

Hi Eric, 

I have merged your post to this masterthread. Please know that this is a known issue, and a member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to update you with more information about the issue.

As Valeria has noted above,hat this error only shows on the freelancer end and doesn't affect how the proposal looks on the client's end.

-Avery
Untitled
Robert W Member Since: Jan 8, 2019
60 of 102

Hi,

I'm a US (California) based consultant. I've verified my address with Upwork, but my proposals are being flagged as Not in the U.S. Can someone help?

Cursor_and_Submit_a_Proposal.png

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS