Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Location by County and State

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor
Russell L Member Since: Oct 12, 2017
1 of 7

How do I do a search for freelance opportunites by city or county within a state in the US? All I see is that the prospective job is within the US, but I cannot tell where specifically, nor can I do a search specific to the area in which I live.

As a FYI, I have just joined and thus I am very new to the workings of the different fucntions.

Thanks for all help in advance.

Community Guru
Melissa T Member Since: Dec 5, 2014
2 of 7

Russell, is there a benefit to working locally for you? If so, online freelancing might not be the best place to find those jobs. Freelancers, as far as I know, are unable to search for jobs by location. In fact, the U.S. Only jobs are not simply jobs posted from the U.S., rather they are jobs posted by clients who want to hire only U.S.-based freelancers. 

(edited for clarity)

Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
3 of 7

Russell L wrote:

How do I do a search for freelance opportunites by city or county within a state in the US? All I see is that the prospective job is within the US, but I cannot tell where specifically, nor can I do a search specific to the area in which I live.

As a FYI, I have just joined and thus I am very new to the workings of the different fucntions.

Thanks for all help in advance.

Use the Search For Jobs search field on your My Jobs page. Advance search is usefull too. I've had all sorts of lucking finding jobs in different parts of my state (though I actually don't care).

Clarification: There are no state/city/county search settings. However, you can use state / city / country terms as keywords, and input those into the regular search field, or through the Advance Search feature.

Edit: Because I think this COULD confuse a lot of people.....

Community Guru
4 of 7

Pandora, I very possibly am just being dense, but I don't see a Search for Jobs function anywhere on my My Jobs page - only on Find Work. In Advanced Search there isn't a location search field. Unless you mean you have searched for job postings using your state as a keyword. Am I having a ditzy moment? Help me, Pandora. :-) 

Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
5 of 7

Melissa T wrote:

Pandora, I very possibly am just being dense, but I don't see a Search for Jobs function anywhere on my My Jobs page - only on Find Work. In Advanced Search there isn't a location search field. Unless you mean you have searched for job postings using your state as a keyword. Am I having a ditzy moment? Help me, Pandora. :-) 

Indeed, that is what I meant. Using state / city as a keyword. I'm VERY sorry I did not clarify that.

Clarification: There are no state/city/county search settings. However, you can use state / city / country terms as keywords, and input those into the regular search field, or through the Advance Search feature.

*I* am a ditz today

Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
6 of 7

Pandora H wrote:

Melissa T wrote:

Indeed, that is what I meant. Using state / city as a keyword. I'm VERY sorry I did not clarify that.

*I* am a ditz today

Yes ... I've done that too. Typed "Colorado" into the search box and sometimes "local" jobs will turn up. Though I've found that being local does not give me an edge.
There are many US/Colorado clients who are not all that concerned with helping their own economy.

Community Guru
7 of 7

No sweat, Pandora! That makes sense. I think it's 3rd cup of coffee time for me. Still a smidge early for 1st glass of wine time. Ha!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
User Accepted Solutions Count
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS