🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Location verification and Zendesk Login
Page options
anam-p
Community Member

Location verification and Zendesk Login

I have been working on upwork for almost 3 years and now was requested a location verification. It seems that my document was not accepted, but I cannot access the ticket to this and get further info nor ask questions. To open the link in the email requires a zendesk login, the same with the My requests link on the website.

When operating on upwork and being logged in, why is there another login for zendesk necessary? Where can I get this and how can I get help with the verification location by asking some questions about the requirements?

Thank you in advance for any human help,

14 REPLIES 14
spectralua
Community Member

Use Chrome browser. Clear cookies, try again, clean again... until reach Zendesk page. It works for me.

Thank you for the advice, it's just that I do not want to use Chrome browser, so on such a big platform there must be the option to get it working on other browsers.

759e32fa

Hi Nina,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Have you tried clearing your browser’s cookies or using a different browser? If the issue still persists, could you please share the following information so that we can forward it to our team to be investigated further?

• Browser/s used
  • Browser version
  • Machine’s OS
  • Machine’s OS version
  • Screengrab of the issue
  • Additional details that may help us/the team investigate your concern better

~ AJ
Upwork
anam-p
Community Member

Thank you for your message. I have deleted cookies and cache, but this did not change anything, and I am not using Chrome and do not like to be forced to.
I have Firefox 111.0.1 (64-Bit) running on Windows 10 Version 22H2, and it is possible to see the messages in overview, but I cannot access them.

Sending a screenshot attached.

anamp_0-1681371696966.pnganamp_1-1681371714864.png

Hi Nina,

I am sorry to hear about the issue accessing and responding to the support ticket via Upwork. I will share this report with the support team who will be reaching you to assist further. You can also view and respond to the support tickets from the email notification sent to your registered email address. Hope that helps! 

Thank you,

- Pradeep

Upwork
e816da1f
Community Member

Like you I've been happily working on Upwork and jsut got asked not only for ID check but also to verify my location. I input my address and it says does not match ID but I permanently live here and now what? it says 7 days tov erify. How can I verify with an address in the UK and a passport frm somewhere else? Craziness!

Tina Lawlor Mottram

Hi Tina,

I can see that you've raised a support ticket regarding your concern and one of our team members have already responded to you. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,
Pradeep

Upwork
44a29519
Community Member

I am having the same problem verifying my location.  And now you have disabled the access to the support Requests, I can not even enter to my own Requests because it asks for Zendesk login.  No it is not a matter of Cookies cleaning, the Upwork system is blocking the access to my account.

I had to create a new account in order to post a message in the forums as my account has been disabled.
Here is my profile: https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01473977ba7270dee3?viewMode=1 it nows say profile no longer exists from a different account.

Could you please enable the access to Forums and the Requests in order to get a solution to my problem.

Also in the forums I can not post reply to the similar problemas or open a new issue.

Hi Salvador,

We’re taking the issue you raised seriously. We understand how frustrating it can be when things don't work as expected, so we've gone ahead and converted your post to a support ticket. This means that one of our knowledgeable agents will be in touch with you shortly to provide the help you need. We appreciate you reaching out to us and sharing your concern with the community. Rest assured that we're committed to resolving your issue. Thank you for being a part of our community!

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Annie, thanks for moving this to the Support, that would be great, except that when accessing the support request, from this account it shows the same problem, asking for the Zendesk login and when canceling the login dialog it does not load the page.

Hi Salvador,

I am sorry to hear about the issue accessing your support ticket. Could you please try the below steps to check if that helps: 

1. Close all open browsers.
  2. Clear your browser's cache and cookies.
  3. Restart your browser after clearing cache and cookies.
  4. Retry to access the ticket link. 

You can also try using a different browser to check if that helps. Lastly, you can view and respond to the support tickets from the email notification sent to your registered email address.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep, thanks for your repy.  I tried first in Chrome and then in Firefox and it is the same.  Also I tried from Private Mode, that mode has not cookies, and it is the same problem.  I think it is something in the Upwork System.

Please take into consideration that I have been working for a year in Upwork with good results. 

Recently I was asked to submit a location verification.  I tried to submit my Tax Receipt issued in Guatemala but it was rejected, the reason was no specified and my account was disabled.

I could submit some Utilities bill but as I rent the Apartment the bills have not my name, but it matches the address.   Of course the Appartment contract has more than six months so it won't be accepted as I read a similar case here in the forums.

I think you are being too stringent with the documentation you ask.  As I am a foreigner, I don't have Tax Property or similar documents you are asking.

And now to add injury, I can not even access the support requests handling this issue on my account because you disabled the account and don't allow to post in the forums or even reply there.

I think this show you handling of the situation is no being reasonable and I expect you can help me with something as simpler to verify my location as a simple Video Call, enter into a page to check my location, allow for utilities that matches my address in this country or something more acceptable for the Country where I live, Guatemala.

My disabled profile is https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01473977ba7270dee3?viewMode=1

pythondev90
Community Member
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members