🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Location
Page options
jfrousseau
Community Member

I am a South African living in Indonesia. Some assignments restrict freelancrs from certain locations to submit proposals. South Africa is viewed as a native English speaking country, whilst Indonesia is not and I am therefore not able to submit prosals for many assignments. Is it possible to show in my profile that I am a South African living in Indoesia? 

Thank you,

Freddie. 

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Jacobus Frederick R wrote:

I am therefore not able to submit prosals for many assignments.

You are able to submit proposals to any jobs you can see

Is it possible to show in my profile that I am a South African living in Indoesia? 

Feel free to mention it in your overview.

I am not sure what the documentation looks like that clients receive when a proposal is submitted to them, but is it mentioned that I do not qualify to apply for the assignment since I am not from one of the countries specified by the client? I don't want to waste my time and connects if the client will not look at my proposal since I do not qualify?? 

I am not sure what the documentation looks like that clients receive when a proposal is submitted to them, but is it mentioned that I do not qualify to apply for the assignment since I am not from one of the countries specified by the client? I don't want to waste my time and connects if the client will not look at my proposal since I do not qualify?? 

No, it does no such thing. It tells you that you don't meet one of the preferences. Those are not "qualifications" and it also tells you that you may still apply. People win jobs for which they don't meet all the preferences all the time.

Great. Thank you for your reply. 
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths