cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile set to private

Frequent Visitor
Narender S Member Since: Oct 25, 2017
21 of 135

My profile showing private can you please do my profile public so that I can do work ?

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
22 of 135

Hi Narender,

Please follow the steps Avery shared above in order to change your profile visibility back to public.

Frequent Visitor
Hafiz Muhammad N Member Since: Jan 31, 2018
23 of 135

My profile is showing private.
I want it to be public.
Please help me in this situtaion
Regards
Hafiz Muhammad Nadir

Melody Ann D Member Since: Jan 31, 2018
24 of 135

I would like to know how to unlock Locked private (for free) Please help.

Community Guru
Hasmik V Member Since: Aug 12, 2017
25 of 135

Hi Melody,

There are 3 ways to make your profile public again:
1. Start earning,
2. Contact support and they'll do it for free,
3.Get a plus membership plan which will cost you $10 monthly, and will give some other benefits.

Hope this helps!

Nina K Moderator Member Since: Nov 29, 2017
26 of 135

Hi Melody,

Hasmik's answer is correct, however I've taken the liberty of resetting your profile visibility, so you will now be seen in the search results.

~Nina
Untitled
Melody Ann D Member Since: Jan 31, 2018
27 of 135

Thank you!

Highlighted
Dobrivoje M Member Since: Nov 22, 2017
28 of 135

Hello,

button "Get help" still is not working.  I wanted to ask 2 questions. 

I have attended upwork events in Belgrade. And I was advised to set my profile to "Not available" when I cannot work. And last time my profile was public. And now when I wanted to set back again to "Available" my profile is set to "Private" by UpWork. And this all happened in a very short period of time! If I did not change my availability, my profile would be still public. 

I think this is a very cruel thing by up work. I was sick and could not work. And this is how UpWork is punishing me?! 

2nd question: I asked the client several times to close the job as work is done. And the client is unresponsive. This can look bad on my job score. What is best to do and what I can do besides that? My only mistake is that I took my chances with this client besides that he had medium feedback from other freelancers. 

Thank you

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
29 of 135

Hi Dobrivoje,

1. Note that your profile was set to private due to not having earned in the last 30 days. Please check the related announcement, refer to the notification you received before your profile visibility was updated and select one of the available option to change your profile back to public.

2. If the client isn't responding to your requests, you can consider closing the job yourself.

Dobrivoje M Member Since: Nov 22, 2017
30 of 135

This is the completely generic copy-paste reply from you. My last earnings were 17th November. Sometime after that I have changed my availability. So It has not passed 30 days. Even if I have had not changed my availability for my profile should be still public. 

Also on UpWork Events it is said when changing my availability it will not have impact regarding status "Private" od "Public"

How can I deal this with this issue with (besides this way) upwork support directly when "get help" button still not working? I doubt that I will solve problem here

What kind of impact will be on my job score if I close contract by myself and what kind if I leave it open?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
User Accepted Solutions Count
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS