cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Private Profile

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
951 of 1,161

Hi Monika, 

Your profile has already been set to public as requested. If your profile is set to private again after 30-days, or sometime in the future, check out the options listed in the email notification or in the pop up on Find Work page to set it back to public.

-Avery
Untitled
Gitesh D Member Since: Sep 17, 2015
952 of 1,161

Dear Mates,

My account is locked to private by Upwork. Can anyone please resolve this for me and make my profile public? I am going to start working on it or need an invitation to apply.

Kind regards

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
953 of 1,161

Hi Gitesh,

I`ve updated your visibility back to public. Please keep in mind that if you don`t earn in the next 30 days your visibility will be changed back to private. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Lissa H Member Since: Sep 12, 2018
954 of 1,161

Hi there, could someone from Customer Service please re-set my profile to public?   Thank you!

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
955 of 1,161

Hi Lissa,

Your profile visibility has been reset. Please, let us know if you have any further questions.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Susana O Member Since: Sep 15, 2018
956 of 1,161

Hi everybody Smiley Happy

My profile has been recently set to private due to the lack of jobs I have been facing... I send a lot of applications but for those starting sometimes it is not easy and setting my profile to private does not help Smiley Sad Is there any way I can get it back to public?

Thanks in advance,

Susana

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
957 of 1,161

Hi Susana,

I just set your profile visibility back to public. Let us know if we may be of further assistance.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Ace Contributor
Logan K Member Since: Mar 28, 2011
958 of 1,161

Ya know Upwork, since you are so profusely **Edited for Community Guidelines** about locking a freelancers profile for not earning; maybe you should spend a little time working on your own product!
1) Are their actaully any jobs out there that someone can apply for, that only require 1 connect?
The answer is no.
2) Why would you hide the profile of a long term member for not earning? 
Don't you think it might hamper the ability for that person to earn?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**
4) Don't you find it a little counter-productive and counter-intuative to block my ability to be publically seen since I have an 88% rating and over 800 hours logged?..not to mention the flat rate jobs!
5) You force me to spend even more of my time, to write and ask if you will please unlock my profile!
How rediculous is that? You really don't know what it's like to be a freelancer do you?
Instead of bidding on jobs I am writing this! Or asking you to unlock my profile.

It's time that could be spent doing something else!!!! I already spend 80% of my life online looking for work!!! I have been a freelancer for 27 years! I have been with Upwork for over 7 years!

I think you should make exceptions for long term freelancers like me.
Do your jobs and figure it out!
Some of us pay you a lot of money and you wouldn't be eating that Donut without us!

Community Guru
Jo-An B Member Since: Aug 2, 2016
959 of 1,161

Hi Logan,

Your profile has been set to public. Please note that freelancers with no earnings in 30 days will have their profile set to private (locked) automatically. To avoid this, you can resume earnings on a new contract or upgrade your membership to the Plus plan. You can check out more info about this here. 

~ Jo-An

Untitled
Community Leader
Debora F Member Since: Nov 3, 2010
960 of 1,161

Hi Logan

I'm here for more than 8 years and agree with you that Upwork is becoming really unfair and poor. About "locking the profile"... maybe they want you (all of us) upgrade our membership and pay u$10/month. 

Plus $10/month

"Your profile will never be set to hidden due to inactivity"  Smiley Frustrated

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS