cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: locked Private Profile

Sara R Member Since: Jan 2, 2020
931 of 1,302

The fact that you cannot get actual support or help from Upwork is beyond frustraing. The bots aren't a help at all.

My profile was locked due to inactivity. See screenshot below. I submitted a request on 12/17 for it to be unlocked. I received an automated reply that it would be unlocked within 3 days and I would receive another email notificiation when that happened. It's not 1/2 and my profile wasn't unlocked. I submitted ?Screen Shot 2020-01-02 at 9.23.05 PM.png

Community Guru
Dogan K Member Since: Nov 2, 2019
932 of 1,302

I just wonder whether you used the "Reset My Profile Visibility" button on the support page?

933 of 1,302
Thank you, and yes, this is what I clicked originally on 12/17 and my
profile is still private. My request wasn't fulfilled and my profile is
still private.
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
934 of 1,302

Hi Sara, 

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. I have already set your profile's visibility to public as requested. In the future, if your profile is set to private again after 30-days, or sometime in the future, check out the options listed in the email notification or in the pop up on Find Work page to set it back to public.

You may read more about this in this help article.

-Avery
Untitled
935 of 1,302

Thank you very much, Avery!

Kevin O Member Since: Sep 30, 2019
936 of 1,302

Hi, my account has been locked and set to private. Could you please fix this ASAP? I understand it can do this if there are no earnings after 30 days, but I have an ongoing job since November, and have also completed other jobs in December. In addition I have also submitted proposals days before my account was locked, so I don't understand why this happened.

Thanks,

Kevin

Community Guru
Michael S Member Since: Aug 29, 2017
937 of 1,302

Kevin O wrote:

Hi, my account has been locked and set to private. Could you please fix this ASAP? I understand it can do this if there are no earnings after 30 days, but I have an ongoing job since November, and have also completed other jobs in December. In addition I have also submitted proposals days before my account was locked, so I don't understand why this happened.

Thanks,

Kevin

Being set to private just means you don't appear in searches. If you send proposals, they will still be able to see your profile, and it doesn't affect your current contracts.

As for the 30 day period, it doesn't matter if you have any open contracts. "No earnings in 30 days" means you haven't received a payment in that time period. That's all. Even $1 paid by a client resets this clock.

And your profile can easily be set back to public by clicking on the edit visibility button, and then the "contact support" link in the resulting box. It will automatically submit a request to change your visibility back, which will occur within 2 or 3 days.

Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
938 of 1,302

Hi Kevin,

I reset your profile visibility back to public. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Abhishek S Member Since: Oct 11, 2019
939 of 1,302

Hi, My profile has been set to private and locked without any warning. I was away for a while as i was on new year vacations, but that doesnt means that my profile be locked when i have already verified my account and was a "Rising Talent".

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
940 of 1,302

Abhishek S wrote:

Hi, My profile has been set to private and locked without any warning. I was away for a while as i was on new year vacations, but that doesnt means that my profile be locked when i have already verified my account and was a "Rising Talent".

Everyone's profile is set to private if they have no earnings for 30 days.

Just ask Support to set it to public again using the link in the email

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS