cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Request to change my Profile status to Public!

Abhishek S Member Since: Oct 11, 2019
941 of 1,312

Hi, My profile has been set to private and locked without any warning. I was away for a while as i was on new year vacations, but that doesnt means that my profile be locked when i have already verified my account and was a "Rising Talent".

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
942 of 1,312

Abhishek S wrote:

Hi, My profile has been set to private and locked without any warning. I was away for a while as i was on new year vacations, but that doesnt means that my profile be locked when i have already verified my account and was a "Rising Talent".

Everyone's profile is set to private if they have no earnings for 30 days.

Just ask Support to set it to public again using the link in the email

Abhishek S Member Since: Oct 11, 2019
943 of 1,312
Please set my profile to PUblic again please
Arslan A Member Since: Sep 16, 2019
944 of 1,312

Hi There!
I have been set to private (locked) on Upwork!
as soon as i was active on Upwork few months back, i got my first contract and still working on that project!
i have left with only 5 connects and want to use them very carefully!
i am investing my time and efforts in Upwork, and don't want to get wasted on all my time and efforts to become freelancers. Everything on profile is 100% authentic and true!  I am having a hard time getting any order from any client!
and now my profile became private. What else bad can happen to struggling freelancer.
PLEASE!
Regards,
Arslan

Highlighted
Community Guru
Dogan K Member Since: Nov 2, 2019
945 of 1,312

If you start earning, your profile will be activated automatically. Being private isn't something like 'locked'. You can find further information here. You can also request be active again by using the "Reset My Profile Visibility" button. 

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
946 of 1,312

Hi Abhishek and Arslan,

I`ve just updated your visibility back to public, thank you.

Untitled
Community Leader
Kate R Member Since: Dec 5, 2016
947 of 1,312

Hi All,  my profile was set to private by Upwork because I haven't had a payment for a while is my guess. This hasn't happpened before, and I am wondering if I can propose on jobs with this setting? Or am I just invisible to clients now? I coldn't find the answer to this, and sorry if it's asked a lot. if anyone knows, thanks! 

Community Guru
Robin H Member Since: May 28, 2019
948 of 1,312

Kate R wrote:

Hi All,  my profile was set to private by Upwork because I haven't had a payment for a while is my guess. This hasn't happpened before, and I am wondering if I can propose on jobs with this setting? Or am I just invisible to clients now? I coldn't find the answer to this, and sorry if it's asked a lot. if anyone knows, thanks! 

You just need to send an email to customer support and they will make it public again.  It just means you aren't searchable but you can apply to jobs.  

Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
949 of 1,312

Hi Kate,

If an established freelancer doesn't earn money on Upwork for 30 days, their profile visibility will automatically change to private. This is checked daily, not once a month. If you aren't regularly earning on our platform, your profile may be set to private, even if you submit proposals and interview frequently. There are different ways of setting your profile to public again, one of which is contacting us directly so that we can set your profile visibility to public.

I have already set your profile visibility as requested. If your profile is set to private again after 30-days, or sometime in the future, check out the options listed in the email notification or in the pop up on Find Work page to set it back to public. You may read more about this in this help article.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
950 of 1,312

Hi Shekay,

Freelancers' profiles will be changed to private if they haven't earned for the past 30 days. This means that you will not appear in search results but clients will be able to see your proposals and check out your profile. We've reset your profile visibility back to "public". For more information, please check this help article. Thank you!

-Joanne
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS