cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Request to change my Profile status to Public!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Michael S Member Since: Aug 29, 2017
941 of 1,372

Kevin O wrote:

Hi, my account has been locked and set to private. Could you please fix this ASAP? I understand it can do this if there are no earnings after 30 days, but I have an ongoing job since November, and have also completed other jobs in December. In addition I have also submitted proposals days before my account was locked, so I don't understand why this happened.

Thanks,

Kevin

Being set to private just means you don't appear in searches. If you send proposals, they will still be able to see your profile, and it doesn't affect your current contracts.

As for the 30 day period, it doesn't matter if you have any open contracts. "No earnings in 30 days" means you haven't received a payment in that time period. That's all. Even $1 paid by a client resets this clock.

And your profile can easily be set back to public by clicking on the edit visibility button, and then the "contact support" link in the resulting box. It will automatically submit a request to change your visibility back, which will occur within 2 or 3 days.

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
942 of 1,372

Hi Kevin,

I reset your profile visibility back to public. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Abhishek S Member Since: Oct 11, 2019
943 of 1,372

Hi, My profile has been set to private and locked without any warning. I was away for a while as i was on new year vacations, but that doesnt means that my profile be locked when i have already verified my account and was a "Rising Talent".

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
944 of 1,372

Abhishek S wrote:

Hi, My profile has been set to private and locked without any warning. I was away for a while as i was on new year vacations, but that doesnt means that my profile be locked when i have already verified my account and was a "Rising Talent".

Everyone's profile is set to private if they have no earnings for 30 days.

Just ask Support to set it to public again using the link in the email

Highlighted
Abhishek S Member Since: Oct 11, 2019
945 of 1,372
Please set my profile to PUblic again please
Highlighted
Arslan A Member Since: Sep 16, 2019
946 of 1,372

Hi There!
I have been set to private (locked) on Upwork!
as soon as i was active on Upwork few months back, i got my first contract and still working on that project!
i have left with only 5 connects and want to use them very carefully!
i am investing my time and efforts in Upwork, and don't want to get wasted on all my time and efforts to become freelancers. Everything on profile is 100% authentic and true!  I am having a hard time getting any order from any client!
and now my profile became private. What else bad can happen to struggling freelancer.
PLEASE!
Regards,
Arslan

Highlighted
Community Guru
Dogan K Member Since: Nov 2, 2019
947 of 1,372

If you start earning, your profile will be activated automatically. Being private isn't something like 'locked'. You can find further information here. You can also request be active again by using the "Reset My Profile Visibility" button. 

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
948 of 1,372

Hi Abhishek and Arslan,

I`ve just updated your visibility back to public, thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Community Leader
Kate R Member Since: Dec 5, 2016
949 of 1,372

Hi All,  my profile was set to private by Upwork because I haven't had a payment for a while is my guess. This hasn't happpened before, and I am wondering if I can propose on jobs with this setting? Or am I just invisible to clients now? I coldn't find the answer to this, and sorry if it's asked a lot. if anyone knows, thanks! 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Robin H Member Since: May 28, 2019
950 of 1,372

Kate R wrote:

Hi All,  my profile was set to private by Upwork because I haven't had a payment for a while is my guess. This hasn't happpened before, and I am wondering if I can propose on jobs with this setting? Or am I just invisible to clients now? I coldn't find the answer to this, and sorry if it's asked a lot. if anyone knows, thanks! 

You just need to send an email to customer support and they will make it public again.  It just means you aren't searchable but you can apply to jobs.  

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS