cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Profile locked without sufficient and thorough rationale.

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
1341 of 2,167

Hi Muhammad Jawad,

We've set your profile visibility to public as requested. Please check this help article to learn more about how you can avoid having your profile automatically set to private. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
3342b11e
Rick F Member Since: Jun 22, 2020
1342 of 2,167

I used the twenty free credits as a new Freelancer and submitted proposals for six different opportunities.  The first was later declined and that experience was both beneficial and excellently communicated.  The one I am really hoping to be selected for was just auto-closed after not being viewed by the poster in 29 days.  I fully expected the process to take several months due to the location of the key decision maker as well as what Covid-19 has done to his availability.  As for the other four, there doesn't appear to be any significant quality control in place for job posters.  When even a single credit is used to submit a proposal, in and of itself that should at a minimum be handled better when a job is essentially left on the back-burner by the poster until it gets closed automatically or even when they choose to close it.  Wasting credits on a proposal just feels arbitrary and comes accross as seemingly valueless.  In other words (Yes, I am aware that the above will be confusing when only glanced at), but in simpler terms: Credits should be refunded for all proposals when a post does not result in it's total number of hires.  All of that being said, the bot that was used to make my profile unaccesible to anybody except those I had already submitted to, was set to use what ultimately was insulting words.  Of course I have not been earning on Upwork for awhile.  Point of fact is that I have never earned on Upwork,  I am brand new and a more appropriate reply should have been to check in and see how my experience has been.  If twenty credits and six proposals doesn't result in an actual offer for someone brand new, service logic very simply dictates that you first attempt to incentivize the product.  Instead, you did the rough equivalent to coming over to my table and apologizing for the waiter by offering me a different menu item that I need to pay for.

If the only response is to compare this process to sending out resumes and cover letters that are never replied to, keep in mind that I have never been asked to purchase credits or tokens to do so.  Apples and oranges.

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
1343 of 2,167

Hi Rick,

Thank you for your feedback, I will share it with our team.
Regarding your profile visibility, I’ve reset your profile visibility back to public. Just so that you are aware, profiles of freelancers with a history of earnings on the platform will remain public unless they have not earned in more than 2 years. Profiles of new freelancers who haven’t earned on Upwork will be set to private after 90 days.To avoid this, you can resume earnings on a new contract or upgrade your membership to the Plus plan. You can check out more info about this here

Untitled
smnvl
Simon V Member Since: May 22, 2020
1344 of 2,167

Due to that I used to be a client and now I am a freelancer, using the same account. My profile has been set private, even though I just started as a freelancer. Can you make this visible for clients please? Or should I create a new profile? Cheers,
Simon

robin_hyman
Community Guru
Robin H Member Since: May 28, 2019
1345 of 2,167

Profiles are set to private when you have no activity for the past 30 days. Simply email customer service and they will change it to public. 

smnvl
Simon V Member Since: May 22, 2020
1346 of 2,167
thx, please can you change my profile to public?
g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
1347 of 2,167

Hi Simon,

I checked your account and I can confirm that your profile visibility was already set to public. Thank you.

Untitled
bstojadinovic
1348 of 2,167

Hi Simon,

Your profile visibility has been updated. Please check this help article to learn more about how you can avoid having your profile automatically set to private. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
kimberleycvc
Kimberley H Member Since: May 24, 2020
1349 of 2,167

Hi - new to upwork (only 30 days), have submitted two proposals for work, have not heard back from either one.  Then suddenly my profile is turned to private.  I am under the 90 day grace period...what am I missing?

bstojadinovic
1350 of 2,167

Hi Kimberley,

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with this concern.

Thank you for your patience!

~ Bojan
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS