cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked private Profile

dliopiari

Hi , you made my profile private wile I am a Top rated freelancer with $15000 12 month earnings.. Please fix this ASAP. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Fiela, 

I reset your profile visibility to public as requested. You should be good to go now!

I'd like to note that your client will see your proposal and profile even if your profile's visibility is private. Profiles of freelancers with a history of earnings on the platform will remain public unless they have not earned in more than two years. Resuming earnings on a new contract or upgrading your membership to the Plus plan will prevent this. You can check out more info about this here.

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

2,849 REPLIES 2,849

My profile visiblity is changed to private , I have submitted 8 proposals and there is no response.

I want to make my profile public , please assist on this, I did not get any response from the Client.

Please help

When you set your profile privacy settings to private then it means the client will only see your profile to whom you will submit a proposal. Your profile is visible to the client to whom you have submitted 8 proposals. I suggest you keep your profile privacy to Upwork Users Only. This will only allow clients & Upwork users to see it not to some outsider. Through this, you can get some invites to private jobs as well or from different clients. You will not get invites when your profile is private because it will not appear in the search engine.

Hope you find a solution through this.

Thanks.

Vishal P wrote:

I want to make my profile public , please assist on this

Simply click on the green button on this page and wait for Upwork to set your profile back to public.

Awais N wrote:

When you set your profile privacy settings to private

He didn't. It was set to private by Upwork because he went too long without earnings anything. He can't change the setting himself.

Hi Vishal,

We've reset your profile visibility back to "public". I'd recommend that you please check this help article to learn about how you can keep your profile public. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello

My profile was set as Locked Private, fix it, please 

Thanks

Hi Moussa,

I've reset your profile visibility back to public.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

My account has also been locked and I would like it unlocked. 

Hi Kathleen,

Your profile visibility has been updated. Please check this help article to learn more about how you can avoid having your profile automatically set to private.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Upwork. I want to inform you that I am busy studying several courses. This is why I don't have so much time to search for work. The COVID-19 situation is also the reason why there is a lot of competition in searching for work. It is impossible for me to spend several hours per day looking for a job. I hope you will take this into account. Please let me stay unlocked.

Hi Errol,

Are you referring to your profile becoming private because of inactivity? I can see your profile is currently public, you can check this next to your Feed. When your profile is set to private it is not shown in freelancer search results but rest assured, clients will see it if you submit a proposal to their job. You can learn more about this here.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi, I was off from upwork for months, as I was building my skills, now I am ready to work with the online clients, kindly make my profile visible to the clients, thanks.

Hi Salman,

It looks like your profile is public at the moment! You can learn more about your profile visibility here.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi,

How can I change my profile visibility from private to public?

Thanks

Hi Mihir,

Your profile visibility has been updated. Please check this help article to learn more about how you can avoid having your profile automatically set to private.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

My portfolio is now private because of late earnings, I did submit proposals for jobs, but does it stay private until I start earning? and can the client see the proposals that I submitted and contact me via messages?

Thanks.

Hi Omar,

I just updated your profile visibility back to public. I also checked your portfolios but was not able to locate any items under review. All of your portfolios are approved and published on your profile. 
I would also like to clarify that even when your visibility was set to private, clients to whom you have sent a proposal are able to view your profile and send you a message. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you....

I am an Upwork freelancer and working on Upwork for the last 2 years. but not received any project. due to this, my profile was locked. Now I received my first project. Kindly help me, anyone. How my profile will be Live. so that it's visible to clients. I am very grateful to you for this kind regard.

Hi Rizwan,

your profile visibility is back to public, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have two questions:
1. Upwork shows me that I should contact customer support to resactivate my profile. How can I reactivate my profile?

2. How can I withdraw payment from my account in Upwork?

Kind Regards

Hi Muhammad,

Once funds become available in your account balance, you'll be able to use the Get Paid Now button under the available tab and withdraw the funds to the payment method you set up on your Get Paid page, under Settings.

To see which payment methods are available to you, please log into your account, click on “Settings,” then “Get Paid,” and choose “Add Method.” All of your options will be listed there.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS