Myself Manish**Edited for community guidelines**and I have my profile locked to private as no earning for some time and it says to switch to freelancer plus. But I am part of agency and my agency membership is agency plus. so, it should get same functionalities as freelancer plus, right?
Also, at one point I am not getting projects and another level you are making it private profile then how client will search and give me projects. I know you bid for project but private profile will harm my and my other team member visibility and hence chances for getting project.
Please let me know what to do to make my profile visible again.
Hello, my profile visibility has been set to private due to previous inactivity. Please reset my profile to public, I am an active canditate in multiple jobs, and I'm afraid my clients may not be able to view my full profile!
Your profile visibility has been updated. Please check this help article to learn more about how you can avoid having your profile automatically set to private. Please note that when your profile is set to private it is not shown in freelancer search results and will not be seen by clients unless you submit a proposal to their job.
hello, I have been in this platform for almost 2 month, and I noticed that my profile changed to locked private , and I couldn't return back to the public so I hope you could help me with this , and tell me if this affected my job here
1) I am not sure why my "Pofile is Not Public" ?
2) Additionally someone sent me the below guide, I clicked the link but not sure the importance and which one to check mark ? :
3) From your experience, which one is more recommended to send "Proposals" or "Bid" ? What is the difference ?
I truly appreciate help and guidance
1. Yes, your profile is in the private mode now,
as you can see, the option is greyed out, it is an Upwork automated option, they made it private due to inactivity, you can change by 'Clicking Here' or >goto 'find work' option, on the right side, under your photo, you will see a 'visibility' in 'private', click to send a request to Upwork to make it private.
2. This option is only for notification on the community page.
3. Bid is just an option in the hourly job proposal, you can bid your price while others do for the same job, maybe some clients have no idea about how much hourly to charge for a job or they want to do the job for the lowest hourly rates, so this option also decides whether you will get the job or not.
I hope this is helpful.
Learn more about our awesome Community member Andrei!Learn More
Over the next few weeks you may notice changes to Job Search filters that include the option to filter jobs by an hourly rate range and filter for jobs requiring multiple freelancers.Learn More
We are excited to share a new offering to enable freelancer job referrals (beta). This will provide the option to refer another freelancer on Upwork when you decline a job invite.Learn More
Having a professional profile is essential to attracting clients, highlighting your skills, and winning projects. Come and learn how to make your profile stand out on Upwork!Learn More