Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: profile locked for agency plus

djondinium
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
2431 of 2,541

Hi Sergio,

Your profile visibility has been updated. Please check this help article to learn more about how you can avoid having your profile automatically set to private. Please note that when your profile is set to private it is not shown in freelancer search results and will not be seen by clients unless you submit a proposal to their job.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
818aad4b
Djaalab A Member Since: Jan 27, 2021
2432 of 2,541

hello, I have been in this platform for almost 2 month, and I noticed that my profile changed to locked private , and I couldn't return back to the public so I hope you could help me with this , and tell me if this affected my job  here 

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
2433 of 2,541

Hi Djaalab,

Your profile visibility has been reset back to "public". Please check this help article to learn more about how you can keep your account from being set automatically to "private". 

~ Joanne
Upwork
careerbyrala
Rala B Member Since: Jan 26, 2021
2434 of 2,541

Good evening, 

1) I am not sure why my "Pofile is Not Public" ? 

2) Additionally someone sent me the below guide, I clicked the link but not sure the importance and which one to check mark ? : 

1. Log on to Upwork Community.
  2. Click My Profile.
  3. Click the Subscriptions & Notifications tab.
  4. Change your settings and click Save Changes.

3) From your experience, which one is more recommended to send "Proposals" or "Bid" ? What is the difference ?

I truly appreciate help and guidance

Regards

RB

kam_andru
Community Leader
Kamarudheen A Member Since: Jan 16, 2021
2435 of 2,541

Hi Rala,

1.  Yes, your profile is in the private mode now, Profile Not Public.JPG

as you can see, the option is greyed out, it is an Upwork automated option, they made it private due to inactivity, you can change by 'Clicking Here' or >goto 'find work' option, on the right side, under your photo, you will see a 'visibility' in 'private', click to send a request to Upwork to make it private.

2. This option is only for notification on the community page.

3.  Bid is just an option in the hourly job proposal, you can bid your price while others do for the same job, maybe some clients have no idea about how much hourly to charge for a job or they want to do the job for the lowest hourly rates, so this option also decides whether you will get the job or not.

I hope this is helpful.

tinker_bell3
2436 of 2,541

Hi Rala,

Your profile visibility has been reset back to public. You can check this help article to learn more about how you can keep your profile visibility from getting automatically set to "private". You may also want to check this help article for more information about submitting proposals. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
atulshandilya78
Community Leader
Atul S Member Since: Oct 10, 2019
2437 of 2,541
Profile has been changed to private.
petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2438 of 2,541

Atul S wrote:
Profile has been changed to private.

Have it reset then by going to this page and clicking on the green reset button,

tinker_bell3
2439 of 2,541

Hi Atul,

Your profile visibility has been reset. Kindly refer to this help article for more information about keeping your profile visibility public. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
taranapia1
Tarana P Member Since: Feb 10, 2021
2440 of 2,541

Dear All,

My account is locked to private by Upwork. Can anyone please resolve this for me and make my profile public? I am going to start working on it or need an invitation to apply.

Kind regards

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS