cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile Locked

keith_sandys
Keith S Member Since: May 4, 2019
1771 of 2,534

Hi there, my profile has been set to Private - with the following message and isn't allowing me to change my status:

"We set your profile to private because you haven't earned in a while. To reactivate your profile, apply to jobs and start earning.You can also sign up for our Freelancer Plus Plan or contact customer support."

I've started applying for jobs, but conscious potential clients won't see my profile? If they can't see my portfolio etc, they're less likely to give me the work... which means I won't be able to unlock my profile!

Is anyone able to help pleae? When I contact customer support it sends me here.

Many thanks!

djondinium
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
1772 of 2,534

Hi Keith,

When your profile is set to private it is not shown in freelancer search results and will not be seen by clients unless you submit a proposal to their job.

I went ahead and updated your profile visibility back to public. Please check this help article to learn more about how you can avoid having your profile automatically set to private.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
bvrealism
Bret V Member Since: Jul 21, 2019
1773 of 2,534

Why is my profile not visable to clients?

I'll say it again, I think the site is a scam, and the only profiles or proposals you show are those of paying members, regardless of how much they've spent on contacts.

michael_skaggs
Community Guru
Michael S Member Since: Aug 29, 2017
1774 of 2,534

If you send a proposal, it's visible to the client it's sent to, along with your profile.

If you haven't earned anything in the past 30 days, your profile is hidden from search results, nothing more. But it's a simple matter of a couple clicks to have customer support change it back to being visible.

There are many places Upwork has issues, but you're barking up the wrong tree with this one. Perhaps do some reading before making wild accusations?

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
1775 of 2,534

Bret V wrote:

Why is my profile not visable to clients?

I'll say it again, I think the site is a scam, and the only profiles or proposals you show are those of paying members, regardless of how much they've spent on contacts.

Nonsense does not become any more true if you "say it again."

Your profile is visible, just in among tens of thousands of others. Whether people pay for membership or not has no impact on search results. Appropriate filters do find you.

You are in a seriously crowded category. It takes time and effort to start standing out.

You may want to rethink your profile, and especially your portfolio. 

Do you have some more varied (and preferably less overprocessed) shots that are more geared to what clients are actually looking to hire for in your category?

anatoli-genkins
Anatolii H Member Since: Nov 22, 2016
1776 of 2,534

My profile is 'Locked Private'. If I buy connects under free membership plan, will clients(on whose jobs i apply to) be able to see my profile?

Please set my profile bak to public.
thanks a lot for support

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
1777 of 2,534

Anatolii H wrote:

My profile is 'Locked Private'. If I buy connects under free membership plan, will clients(on whose jobs i apply to) be able to see my profile?

Yes, they will, and you can easily have your profile set to public simply by going to this page and hitting the green button.

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
1778 of 2,534

Hi Anatolii,

Your profile visibility has been updated. Going forward, if your profile is set to private again, you can use the options listed in this help article to set it back to public.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
sheeeezad
Shahzad K Member Since: May 31, 2018
1779 of 2,534

I updated my portfolio and worked on my profile. But my profile is locked by upwork. I want my profile to be public. I have started working on the platform and trying to get a job.

egaruth
Nikola S Moderator Member Since: Jul 2, 2020
1780 of 2,534

Hi Shahzad,

Your profile visibility has been updated. Please check this help article to learn more about how you can avoid having your profile automatically set to private.

~ Nikola

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS