cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked private Profile

Highlighted
Despoina L Member Since: Dec 13, 2015
1 of 1,749

Hi , you made my profile private wile I am a Top rated freelancer with $15000 12 month earnings.. Please fix this ASAP. 

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Igor M Member Since: Mar 20, 2007
2 of 1,749

I recieved email today about new program initiated by Upwork.

Text from this email:

"Beginning September 2nd we’ll reduce competition for active freelancers — like you — by removing inactive freelancer profiles from search results.
This was created to reward loyal freelancers who work and get paid through Upwork. In addition to increasing your visibility, this change will help protect clients and freelancers from off-platform work, which is against our Terms of Service."

I'm totally agree with this initiative! But I want to ask Upwork: is it possible to show in top of search results freelancers with more hours worked through Upwork? That would reward freelancers who work many hours/years and is really loyal to this platform! Currently often happens so that new freelancers is in top of search results and many experienced freelancers is in the middle of search results list. That is not stimulating to work for years through this platform! In this case it is easier to open new freelancer account and get in the top of search rather than work hard for many years, earn reputation, gain top rated, etc...

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
3 of 1,749

Hi Igor,

Please note that the order the freelancers are displayed in search results depends on the filters a client chooses to use, . Also, freelancers are regularly rotated in search to allow equal exposure.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Igor M Member Since: Mar 20, 2007
4 of 1,749

Hi Vladimir,

Highlighted
5 of 1,749

Hi Igor,

Freelancers are rotated every two weeks but will show up in search results if specific filters are used by clients.

Highlighted
Arslan S Member Since: Aug 10, 2017
6 of 1,749

I just start earning again and complete one project but my account is still locked to private plea

Highlighted
7 of 1,749

Hi Arslan,

I checked your account and see a notification about the recent update to your profile visibility, which is now set to public.

Highlighted
Monika S Member Since: May 3, 2018
8 of 1,749

Hi

My account has been locked private.

Kindly, solve this issue for me.

Regards

Monika

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
9 of 1,749

Hi Monika, 

Your profile has already been set to public as requested. If your profile is set to private again after 30-days, or sometime in the future, check out the options listed in the email notification or in the pop up on Find Work page to set it back to public.

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Gitesh D Member Since: Sep 17, 2015
10 of 1,749

Dear Mates,

My account is locked to private by Upwork. Can anyone please resolve this for me and make my profile public? I am going to start working on it or need an invitation to apply.

Kind regards

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS