cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked private Profile

Highlighted
Sajjad A Member Since: Nov 13, 2019
1181 of 1,589

As soon as my upwork plus memebership ended my account has been set to private due to no earnings. How do I turn Visibility back to public again without upgrading to plus membership? 

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
1182 of 1,589

Hi Sajjad,

Your profile visibility has been updated. Please check this help article to learn more about how you can avoid having your profile automatically set to private.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Sajjad A Member Since: Nov 13, 2019
1183 of 1,589

Thanks a lot Aleksandar..:-)

Highlighted
Xu J Member Since: Jun 8, 2020
1184 of 1,589

hello,

cause I had been busy last few weeks without logging in my account, today i found it was set as private profile, how can I make it as public status.

thank you 

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
1185 of 1,589

Hi Xu,

I’ve reset your profile visibility back to public. Just so that you are aware, profiles of freelancers with a history of earnings on the platform will remain public unless they have not earned in more than 2 years. Profiles of new freelancers who haven’t earned on Upwork will be set to private after 90 days.To avoid this, you can resume earnings on a new contract or upgrade your membership to the Plus plan. You can check out more info about this here. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Harsh W Member Since: May 7, 2020
1186 of 1,589

Hello,
My profile has been set to private please make it again visible to public.

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
1187 of 1,589

Hi Harsh,

Your profile visibility has been updated. Please check this help article to learn more about how you can avoid having your profile automatically set to private.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
James N Member Since: Jun 9, 2020
1188 of 1,589

I haven't been a member of Upwork for very long and my account has been set to Private, I can't get ahold of anyone to assist me and I can't go to the support website to get it changed because when I click on any of the help topics all the page does is reload and have me do it again. So, How do I get the page back to public??

Highlighted
Community Guru
Phyllis G Member Since: Sep 8, 2016
1189 of 1,589

If you search this forum you will find lots of chatter about this. Any profile that goes 30 days with being paid anything gets switched to private. (Because of the zillions of abandoned/inactive FLs profiles, to keep clients from having to search through all that dreck.) You will have received an email informing you it was switched. Use the link in the email to request it be changed back. 

BTW, while it's private you can still submit proposals and those clients can access your profile. You just won't appear in searches.

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
1190 of 1,589

We've set your profile to public as requested, James. Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS