pramodshukla1011
Pramod S Member Since: Oct 28, 2017
1721 of 2,610

Please make my profile Visibility - Public

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
1722 of 2,610

Hi Pramod,

Your profile visibility has been updated. Please check this help article to learn more about how you can avoid having your profile automatically set to private.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
b839d159
Anthony C Member Since: Dec 22, 2020
1723 of 2,610

Hi Community,

I am finding a lot of freelancers with " profile set to private". Is that common around the holidays or does it mean they are not taking invites at this time ?

Thank you, Anthony

andregutierrez22
Andrea G Moderator Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
1724 of 2,610

Hi Anthony,

When a freelancer has not earned money on Upwork for a period of two years or more, we change their profile to private to improve client search results by only showing them active freelancers. This also rewards freelancers who regularly work and get paid through Upwork by ensuring that their profiles appear instead of inactive or unavailable freelancers in search results. You can read more about this here.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
2d2f114d
Aqeedat H Member Since: Sep 29, 2018
1725 of 2,610

Hey, 

My profile is locked private. I want to change it back to public. 

djondinium
Community Manager
Aleksandar D Community Manager Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
1726 of 2,610

Hi Aqeedat,

Your profile visibility has been updated. Please check this help article to learn more about how you can avoid having your profile automatically set to private.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
waqarnisar07
Waqar N Member Since: Nov 22, 2020
1727 of 2,610

seriously this is not fair my profile just goes to proivate by upwork because i have not earn money yet .i am new to upwork .this is not my fault that no one is giving me project because i am new i cant force to any one to give me even i am sending proposal daily but what have upwork done with my profile is just out of understand.
regard 
waqar

andregutierrez22
1728 of 2,610

Hi Waqar,

I'm sorry to hear you feel this way. When a freelancer has not earned money on Upwork within 90 days of their first proposal, we change their profile to private to improve client search results by only showing them active freelancers. This also rewards freelancers who regularly work and get paid through Upwork by ensuring that their profiles appear instead of inactive or unavailable freelancers in search results.

I have changed your profile visibility back to public, you can read more about this here.
Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
ivangrano_gds
Ivan Jair G Member Since: Jul 20, 2020
1729 of 2,610

I've received an email stating that my profile was put on private because I hadn't work in the past days and that the profile will be placed public once I get earnings on the platform. 

But this is quite hard, if my job hunts had been hard on a public profile, a private profile makes it harder so I won't be able to get a paid job within the Upwork platform because I don't have a public profile, and I won't get a public profile until I get a job on the platform. 

So,  I'm stuck in a loop. 

andregutierrez22
1730 of 2,610

Hi Ivan Jair,

Rest assured, when your profile is private clients are still able to see your proposals. This only means your profile is not showing up in search results. I've reset your profile visibility back to public, you can learn more about this here.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS