cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked private Profile

Anna P Member Since: Dec 29, 2016
1771 of 1,881

Hi, I was away for several weeks and my account has been set to private. Could someone change it back please? Many thanks!

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
1772 of 1,881

Hi Anna,

I’ve reset your profile visibility back to public. Just so that you are aware, freelancers with no earnings in 30 days will have their profile set to private (locked) automatically. To avoid this, you can resume earnings on a new contract or upgrade your membership to the Plus plan. You can check out more info about this here. Thank you.

Untitled
Alithea H Member Since: Jul 9, 2019
1773 of 1,881
Hi my profile was locked to private which is kind of inconvenient as I get most of my jobs from invitations rather than the proposals I send out. Can you please unlock it so that I can continue to receive invitations? Thanks.
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
1774 of 1,881

Hi Alithea,

We've set your profile to public as requested. If your profile is set to private again after 30-days, or sometime in the future, check out the options listed in this help article to set it back to public.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Evi S Member Since: Nov 24, 2018
1775 of 1,881

Upwork did the same to me. I finished a job just one week ago and two days ago I started working on a new contract with a new client. My account is very active, I earn on a weekly basis and still my profile gets changed to private by Upwork. This is the second time they do this to me. I'm a top rated freelancer and earned more than 15k in a year via their platform.They earn a lot of money from me and still they treat me like this. Customer support send me an email with no apology and no explanation... I guess they randomly change peoples profiles to private even if they have ongoing work. Maybe Upwork has nothing better to do.

Kate B Member Since: Aug 29, 2019
1776 of 1,881

Yeah, it's an odd approach that only seems to frustrate people. I get it if you're inactive for several weeks or more, but not inactive for days. I'm experienced but new to this site so I'm finding my first clients. 

Francesca C Member Since: May 31, 2017
1777 of 1,881

Hello! I set up my UpWork profile a long time ago but have never been a very active user. I recently decided to give it another try, and just noticed my profile has been set to private. Can you please unlock it? Thank you.

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
1778 of 1,881

Hi Francesca,

I`ve updated your profile visibility back to public, if further help is needed let me know. Thank you.

Untitled
Oluwatobi A Member Since: Sep 13, 2019
1779 of 1,881
Hello guys!
Recently, I checked my profile settings and realised my account was locked to private.
I was puzzled and tried looking for solutions. It appears I can't resolve it myself. Is there anything I can do about this? I'll be glad if anyone can help me out.
Community Guru
Mark F Member Since: Jul 10, 2018
1780 of 1,881

Oluwatobi A wrote:
Hello guys!
Recently, I checked my profile settings and realised my account was locked to private.
I was puzzled and tried looking for solutions. It appears I can't resolve it myself. Is there anything I can do about this? I'll be glad if anyone can help me out.

I believe you can here:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003975967-Profile-Changed-to-Private-

Hit the green button.  However I think a forum mod will perhaps bit you to it.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS