Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked private Profile

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
2011 of 2,118

Hi Sergey,

I’ve reset your profile visibility back to public. Just so that you are aware, profiles of freelancers with a history of earnings on the platform will remain public unless they have not earned in more than 2 years. Profiles of new freelancers who haven’t earned on Upwork will be set to private after 90 days.To avoid this, you can resume earnings on a new contract or upgrade your membership to the Plus plan. You can check out more info about this here. Thank you.

Untitled
angus_scott
Angus S Member Since: Jul 30, 2020
2012 of 2,118

Hi- could you please set my profile to public too, please?

I tried to win work but failed last year and been earning well on Fiverr. But now I've returned with updated porfolios to try to earn on here as well... and suddenly find my profile 'locked'! I'm bidding on work again but how can I showcase myself if nobody can see my profile?! Seems a bit bizarre to me.

Thanks!

andregutierrez22
Andrea G Moderator Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
2013 of 2,118

Hi Angus,

I've reset your profile visibility back to public as requested. Please know that profiles of freelancers who haven't earned on Upwork will be automatically set to private after 90 days. Once you start earning on Upwork, your profile visibility will be automatically reset. Alternatively, you can choose to subscribe to a Freelancer Plus membership to ensure that your profile visibility is never set to private.

~Andrea
Untitled
rizky-sulistyo
Rizky S Member Since: Oct 7, 2018
2014 of 2,118

Dear Upwork,

My account is locked to private by Upwork. Can anyone please resolve this for me and make my profile public? I am going to start working on it or need an invitation to apply. Kind regards

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
2015 of 2,118

Hi Rizky,

Your profile visibility is back to public as well, thank you.

Untitled
stefvib
Stephane V Member Since: Aug 11, 2020
2016 of 2,118

So after purchasing connects and not spending some of them yesterday I received a very well gift-wrapped email from upwork customer service while I was sleeping to let me know that my profile was locked to private until I resume "earning".

I am very upset, that means:

1. one must spend connects every day, hence making sure to spend them as fast as possible and purchase more

2. one has no right to decide when and how they will spend their conencts. Yesterday I browsed my feedand did not find any relevant post for me to pitch.

3. Last week I did not spend any connect for 4 days in a row (because I did not have time to do it as I was busy) but my profile was never set to "locked"

In conclusion this is just a cash machine and we, as freelancers, are the cashcows without any right to decide when and how to spend our money.

I trust someone will read this and reply to me lightning fast because I am extremely angry, disappointed and ready to fight such injustice.

richard_wein
Community Guru
Richard W Member Since: Jun 22, 2017
2017 of 2,118

Hi Stephane. Don't worry. Having your profile set to private doesn't stop you from submitting proposals, and the clients who receive your proposals will still be able to see your profile.  It just means that your profile won't appear in search results,  so you won't receive any invitations to submit proposals. But if you're new to Upwork you're unlikely to receive useful invitations anyway. Moreover, Upwork will reset your profile to public on request.  (If you can't reach customer support,  you can ask a moderator here in the forum,.) 

Profiles are automatically set to private if you haven't earned anything in the last month. (Edit. This info was out of date.)

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2018 of 2,118

Stephane V wrote:

1. one must spend connects every day, hence making sure to spend them as fast as possible and purchase more

It's not whether you spend connects, it's whether you earn some money. 

Stephane V wrote:

2. one has no right to decide when and how they will spend their conencts. Yesterday I browsed my feedand did not find any relevant post for me to pitch.

3. Last week I did not spend any connect for 4 days in a row (because I did not have time to do it as I was busy) but my profile was never set to "locked"

No, it doesn't mean anything of the sort. If you have previously earned money on the platform, your profile is set to private after 2 years since you last earned something. If you are a new freelancer, who has never earned anything, it's after 90 days. That's 3 months.

Stephane V wrote:

I trust someone will read this and reply to me lightning fast because I am extremely angry, disappointed and ready to fight such injustice.

You are "extremely angry, disappointed and ready to fight the grave injustice" of having to click on something to request your profile to be set to public again after writing an outraged forum post?

It really is no big deal and no hardship. When your profile is set to private, you can have it set to public again with minimum effort. Clients you apply to see your profile, and the ONLY effect it has is that you don't appear in searches. Appearing in searches hasn't done you much good so far, so you're no worse off, and it's quite unlikely that you missed out on anything during the hours between being set to private and being set back to public. Here is an article that explains it, along with a button that let's you get it set back to public.

Richard W wrote:

Profiles are automatically set to private if you haven't earned anything in the last month. 

Nope. 90 days for newbies, 2 years for established freelancers with previous earnings.

stefvib
Stephane V Member Since: Aug 11, 2020
2019 of 2,118

Stay out of this and I'm being polite.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2020 of 2,118

Just go to this article and click on the green button. It's ONE mouseclick. That's all it takes. One single click of the mouse.

reset.png

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS