Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked private Profile

mtngigi
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
2041 of 2,167

Keri M wrote:

I've been trying to win clients via Upwork for several months now. I've participated in webinars, bought connects, and am trying to refine my propsals with no clients to show for the effort yet. It's incredibly frustrating that my profile keeps being changed to "Private" as if I'm not activly using Upwork. I have multiple proposals pending so does Upwork not care that I'm activly buying connects and submitting proposals when they make decisions regarding my account?

It's an automatic algorithm that recognizes that you haven't earned any money in 30 days. It's a very poorly-written notice, as many of Upwork's messages are.

They don't care how often anyone is bidding, they don't care how many connects someone is buying ... they care whether or not a freelancer is earning them money. This can happen even if you are working, but because the job lasted longer than expected or some other reason, Upwork will still make your profile private if you have not been paid in 30 days.

It's easy enough to request it not be private any more, but it's really no big deal. You can still bid on jobs and be hired.

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
2042 of 2,167

Hi Keri,

New freelancers have a 90 day grace period to build up a successful stream of work before the profile visibility restriction will begin. I've reset your profile visibility back to public. When your profile is set to private, your profile is not visible in search results, but the clients can still view your profile when you submit a proposal for their job post. For more information, please check out this help article. Thank you!

-Joanne
Untitled
muhammad_salah97
Muhammad S Member Since: Aug 6, 2018
2043 of 2,167

Hello, I'm a freelancer and I want remote jobs to support my family but unfortunately, my profile status was changed to the public because I didn't perform any activity for the last few months so please help me how can i change the status and find new jobs.

tinker_bell3
2044 of 2,167

Hi Muhammad,

Your profile visibility has been reset back to public. When your profile is set to private, your profile is not visible in search results, but the clients can still view your profile when you submit a proposal for their job post. For more information, please check out this help article. Thank you!

-Joanne
Untitled
2c76eb65
Michael Anthony E Member Since: Apr 19, 2020
2045 of 2,167

Hey Petra, 
I saw this solution where a person's profile can't be viewed by a client. I am having the same issue. Could you help me with this one?
Thanks
Cheers,
Michael

tinker_bell3
2046 of 2,167

Hi Michael Anthony, 

Your profile visibility has been reset back to public. When your profile is set to private, your profile is not visible in search results, but the clients can still view your profile when you submit a proposal for their job post. For more information, please check out this help article. Thank you!

-Joanne
Untitled
serg_r
Sergey R Member Since: Jul 17, 2020
2047 of 2,167

Hi! My profile is locked to private and I would like for it to be on the public. Would you be able to assist me?

Thanks in advance.

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
2048 of 2,167

Hi Sergey,

I’ve reset your profile visibility back to public. Just so that you are aware, profiles of freelancers with a history of earnings on the platform will remain public unless they have not earned in more than 2 years. Profiles of new freelancers who haven’t earned on Upwork will be set to private after 90 days.To avoid this, you can resume earnings on a new contract or upgrade your membership to the Plus plan. You can check out more info about this here. Thank you.

Untitled
angus_scott
Angus S Member Since: Jul 30, 2020
2049 of 2,167

Hi- could you please set my profile to public too, please?

I tried to win work but failed last year and been earning well on Fiverr. But now I've returned with updated porfolios to try to earn on here as well... and suddenly find my profile 'locked'! I'm bidding on work again but how can I showcase myself if nobody can see my profile?! Seems a bit bizarre to me.

Thanks!

andregutierrez22
Andrea G Moderator Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
2050 of 2,167

Hi Angus,

I've reset your profile visibility back to public as requested. Please know that profiles of freelancers who haven't earned on Upwork will be automatically set to private after 90 days. Once you start earning on Upwork, your profile visibility will be automatically reset. Alternatively, you can choose to subscribe to a Freelancer Plus membership to ensure that your profile visibility is never set to private.

~Andrea
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS