Hello, my profile visibility has been set to private due to previous inactivity. Please reset my profile to public, I am an active canditate in multiple jobs, and I'm afraid my clients may not be able to view my full profile!
Your profile visibility has been updated. Please check this help article to learn more about how you can avoid having your profile automatically set to private. Please note that when your profile is set to private it is not shown in freelancer search results and will not be seen by clients unless you submit a proposal to their job.
hello, I have been in this platform for almost 2 month, and I noticed that my profile changed to locked private , and I couldn't return back to the public so I hope you could help me with this , and tell me if this affected my job here
1) I am not sure why my "Pofile is Not Public" ?
2) Additionally someone sent me the below guide, I clicked the link but not sure the importance and which one to check mark ? :
3) From your experience, which one is more recommended to send "Proposals" or "Bid" ? What is the difference ?
I truly appreciate help and guidance
1. Yes, your profile is in the private mode now,
as you can see, the option is greyed out, it is an Upwork automated option, they made it private due to inactivity, you can change by 'Clicking Here' or >goto 'find work' option, on the right side, under your photo, you will see a 'visibility' in 'private', click to send a request to Upwork to make it private.
2. This option is only for notification on the community page.
3. Bid is just an option in the hourly job proposal, you can bid your price while others do for the same job, maybe some clients have no idea about how much hourly to charge for a job or they want to do the job for the lowest hourly rates, so this option also decides whether you will get the job or not.
I hope this is helpful.
Your profile visibility has been reset back to public. You can check this help article to learn more about how you can keep your profile visibility from getting automatically set to "private". You may also want to check this help article for more information about submitting proposals.
We are beta testing a new way to help you stand out to clients. Now you can optionally bid additional Connects to appear in one of three promoted slots pinned to the top of clients' proposal managers.Learn More
Learn more about our awesome Community member Ashraf!Learn More
Beginning Your Freelancing Journey on Upwork.Learn More
Communication is essential to building a successful business partnership with your clients. Incorporate these tips to enhance your communication to build client trust and satisfaction!Learn More