Did you mean: 

Locked private Profile

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2591 of 2,720

Atul S wrote:
Profile has been changed to private.

Have it reset then by going to this page and clicking on the green reset button,

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
2592 of 2,720

Hi Atul,

Your profile visibility has been reset. Kindly refer to this help article for more information about keeping your profile visibility public. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
taranapia1
Tarana P Member Since: Feb 10, 2021
2593 of 2,720

Dear All,

My account is locked to private by Upwork. Can anyone please resolve this for me and make my profile public? I am going to start working on it or need an invitation to apply.

Kind regards

tinker_bell3
2594 of 2,720

Hi Tarana,

Your profile visibility has been reset back to public.  When your profile is set to private, your profile is not visible in search results, but the clients can still view your profile when you submit a proposal for their job post. For more information, please check out this help article.

~ Joanne
Upwork
caf7927d
Rodolfo D Member Since: Jun 27, 2020
2595 of 2,720

UPWORK HAVE DEPRIVED MY PROFILE FOR LACK OF WORK! I AM WANTING TO WORK, THE PROBLEM IS THAT NO ONE HIRES ME, THE BLAME IS NOT MY. HELP ME GET WORK. I ANSWER ALL REQUESTS IN THE HOUR, MY PRICE IS LOW AND YOU DO NOT HELP. AND STILL COME PRIVATE ME.

robin_hyman
Community Guru
Robin H Member Since: May 28, 2019
2596 of 2,720

Rodolfo D wrote:

UPWORK HAVE DEPRIVED MY PROFILE FOR LACK OF WORK! I AM WANTING TO WORK, THE PROBLEM IS THAT NO ONE HIRES ME, THE BLAME IS NOT MY. HELP ME GET WORK. I ANSWER ALL REQUESTS IN THE HOUR, MY PRICE IS LOW AND YOU DO NOT HELP. AND STILL COME PRIVATE ME.

You can't deprive a profile (I know English isn't your first language). To change your profile from private to public, simply email customer support. I cannot comment on your profile as it is not public, but I can comment on your post. If you submit proposals in CAPS, I would not hire you. If your tone is even close to the tone you have shown here in the community, I would not hire you. 

And no, I'm not crazy. 

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
2597 of 2,720

yes

tinker_bell3
2598 of 2,720

Hi Rodolfo,

Your profile visibility has been reset back to public. When your profile is set to private, your profile is not visible in search results, but the clients can still view your profile once you submit a proposal. For more information, please check out this help article.

~ Joanne
Upwork
ohmykateness
Ma Catherine S Member Since: Feb 11, 2021
2599 of 2,720

3 hours ago I submitted a proposal to a client. 35 minutes ago I received an email saying we have changed your profile to "private" until you are ready to start taking on new jobs. Your profile will not be seen by clients unless you submit proposals for their jobs. I had been warned that this was going to happen hence I took time to update my profile, update my information and started sending proposals. My profile had long been private because I did not want to be seen while I wasn't ready to work. Seems like Upwork reset it to private after I've started being public again. A little enlightenment please?

**Edited for community guidelines**

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2600 of 2,720

Kate S wrote:

35 minutes ago I received an email saying we have changed your profile to "private" 

It basically means you haven't earned any money for too long. (90 days for new freelancers, 2 years for freelancers with previous earnings)

Whether you are "active" or not is irrelevant, it's all about earning money.

You can simply click on the green "Reset..." button on this page

and Upwork will set you back to public in a day or so.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS