Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked private Profile

Highlighted
Yevhenii B Member Since: Oct 18, 2017
301 of 1,785

Hi Goran,

Upwork changed my profile to "private" AGAIN.

It's most stupid thinks wich I seen ever. They said that they do this to improve client’s search results and show them more freelancers who are available.

If I didn't work last few months, I'm totaly available for the new work and I'm in search the clients.

Please unlock my account.
Thanks!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
302 of 1,785

@Yevhenii B wrote:

It's most stupid thinks wich I seen ever. They said that they do this to improve client’s search results and show them more freelancers who are available.

If I didn't work last few months, I'm totaly available for the new work and I'm in search the clients.

What they're not saying out loud is "freelancers who are available and whose hiring record suggests that they're the freelancers clients are looking for."

If you've been bidding for the last few months and not landing jobs, that suggests that you're not what Upwork clients are shopping for.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
303 of 1,785

@Yevhenii B wrote:

If having a public profile hasn't resulted in a single Dollar earned for several months, having your profile that is set to private won't have any negative effect either.

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
304 of 1,785

Yevhenii,

Your profile visibility has been reset.

Thank you.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
karan K Member Since: Oct 10, 2017
305 of 1,785

Hello i request you please  change my profile status from private to public asap

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
306 of 1,785

Hi Karan,

Our team will change your visibility shortly.

Untitled
Highlighted
Anirban J Member Since: Jun 23, 2018
307 of 1,785

Hi All, 

I am new to Upwork, and i am wondering if some of you would be able to review my profile and give some tips how can I improve and increase possiblitlity to get hired?

Many thanks in advance

Anirban

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
308 of 1,785

Hi Anirban,

Your profile visibility has been switched back to public. Please check these articles to help you write winning proposals, improve your profile and tips on how to be successful on Upwork. Also, check out this thread where we compiled helpful guides, tutorials, courses, videos, Help articles and Community discussions. Thanks!

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Aaron G Member Since: Nov 29, 2017
309 of 1,785

I received an email at the end of October stating:

------

"We noticed you haven’t been working through Upwork lately.

To improve client’s search results and show them more freelancers who are available, we’ve changed your profile to "private" until you’re ready to start taking on new projects."

------

I've been applying for jobs but I "haven't been working" because I simply haven't been hired by any of them. How are clients supposed to find me so that I CAN start working with them if my profile is private, as I can't be on this website 24/7 looking for work? It seems akin to the Catch-22 of "I need an entry-level work experience to get a job, but I can’t get a job to earn that entry-level work experience."

Why am I being punished for this? If I'm actively applying for jobs but no one is hiring me, what good is it to remove me from being publically viewed by clients in the future who might actually hire me?

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
310 of 1,785

Hi Aaron,

When your profile is set to private because you haven't earned on Upwork for more than 30 days, the clients can still see your proposals and access your profile through them. Your profile will only be inaccessible from search. 

We've updated your profile visibility so it's now public again.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS