Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked private Profile

Highlighted
Community Guru
Robin H Member Since: May 28, 2019
921 of 1,756

If you change your plan to freelancer plus ($14.99/month) your profile will never be set to private.  But that's not the reason to get the plan.  You will receive 70 connects a month and the ability to view freelancer low, medium and high bids.  Just another way for Upwork to make money.  I've been a freelancer plus member for about 6 months. 

When this happens you contact customer support and they set it back to public as you've discovered.  Just an Upwork policy.  Freelancers who don't earn $ and don't spend on connects are not priority. Remember this is a business.  

Hang loose! :-)

Highlighted
Timothy B Member Since: Feb 17, 2016
922 of 1,756

I get that you want to make client searches as relevant as possible. However, I don't feel you should be making my profile private just because I haven't been paid in a while. I have long term clients who I work with over long stretches of time. I don't get paid till the job is done. However, I know when the job is coming to a close and it would be nice not to have to wait for the payment to come through for me to open up my profile to new clients again. My having set my profile to "not accepting work at this time" should be enough to remove me from the searches making it unnecesary to flat out deactivate my account on your end. If I have done this, than deactivation shouldn't occur at all allowing me to reactivate at will. Or at the very least greatly extend the amount of time it takes before this automatic deactivation happens. Thank you.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
923 of 1,756

Timothy B wrote:

I know when the job is coming to a close and it would be nice not to have to wait for the payment to come through for me to open up my profile to new clients again.

You don't have to wait at all. You can simply ask for it to be set public again. There is even a link on the notification. It takes what... a minute?

Timothy B wrote:

My having set my profile to "not accepting work at this time" should be enough to remove me from the searches making it unnecesary to flat out deactivate my account on your end

When your profile is set to private your account is not "flat out deactivated!"

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
924 of 1,756

Hi Timothy, 

I'm sorry to learn that you are disappointed with this. If an established freelancer doesn't earn money on Upwork for 30 days, their profile visibility will automatically change to private. This is checked daily, not once a month. If you aren't regularly earning on our platform, your profile may be set to private, even if you submit proposals, interview frequently, or have long term contracts. There are different ways of setting your profile to public again, one of which is contacting us directly so that we can set your profile visibility to public.

I would also like to clarify that your account is not deactivated, and you should still be able to continue working on your other contracts. When your profile's visibility is set to private, your profile is simply removed from search results. 

Please know that I have already set your profile's visibility to public. 
If your profile is set to private again after 30-days, or sometime in the future, check out the options listed in the email notification or in the pop up on Find Work page to set it back to public. You may read more about this in this help article.

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Muhammad D Member Since: Oct 21, 2019
925 of 1,756

Hello. This is danish and I provide **Edited for Community Guidelines**. My profile is locked as for long time, I was not using upwork. can you please unlock my profile?

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
926 of 1,756

Hi Muhammad, 

I’ve reset your profile visibility back to public. Just so that you are aware, freelancers with no earnings in 30 days will have their profile set to private (locked) automatically. To avoid this, you can resume earnings on a new contract or upgrade your membership to the Plus plan. You can check out more info about this here. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Muhammad D Member Since: Oct 21, 2019
927 of 1,756
Thank you Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Muhannad A Member Since: Jan 5, 2019
928 of 1,756

Please, I need help

I intend to create an agency with my friends but the account of one of them has become private due to inactivity.

so  If he joins us, Does his account become public again?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
929 of 1,756

Muhannad A wrote:

I intend to create an agency with my friends but the account of one of them has become private due to inactivity.

so  If he joins us, Does his account become public again?

No, but all he has to do is ask Support to set him public again.Usually that gets done within a few hours or a day or so at most.

Highlighted
Muhammad Imran A Member Since: Jul 8, 2015
930 of 1,756

Hi, 

My profile has been locked as private, because I wasn't present on the platform for a long time due to some family issues. Though I was a Top Rated Seller in 2017. 

Can anyone help me to get my profile back to public mode? I've started submitting proposals now, but I think they're not coming in notice of the employers because of my profile visibility.

Please help me with this issue.

Thanks in advance

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS