cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked private Profile

Highlighted
Laze A Member Since: May 22, 2017
941 of 1,749

Why you have hide my profile while I have open project and I am still working with client? And that client i didn't find on upwork, but i brought him on upwork from outside...

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
942 of 1,749

Hi Laze,

I just set your profile visibility back to public. Your profile has been set to private because you haven`t earned any funds in the past 30 days. This program is a reward for freelancers who regularly earn on the platform, and a trust and safety measure to prevent off-platform payments. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Laze A Member Since: May 22, 2017
943 of 1,749
Ok, thanks.

I don't have any discount for bringing new clients on upwork? Because i
need to pay regular fees 20% of the amount...

And when my status will be changed to top rated author?

Cheers,
Laze

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
944 of 1,749

Hi Laze,

Bring Your Own Client program is currently only available for Top Rated and Rising Talent freelancers. If you are not meeting those requirements you'll be paying standard Service Fee.

To get the Top Rated badge, you'll need to fulfill all of the requirements mentioned in this help article.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Shams A Member Since: Dec 26, 2018
945 of 1,749

I just received an email stating that my account is set to private because of not earning in a while. Currently, I have two projects running: one is hourly and the other one is fixed price. October 2nd is the last day I worked on the hourly project and received my payment in October 16th. In addition, I am currently working on the fixed priced project. I was assigned a milestone and I am expecting to deliver it by the end of this month. So, I am not sure why did my account get private.
And yes I didn't apply for any new job in the past month. Currently, I am a bit busy with my study and wanted to finish the running projects before taking a new one.
Hopefully, this issue gets solved. Also, I am a top-rated freelancer and I am expecting that it won't be affected.
Thanks

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
946 of 1,749

Shams A wrote:

Currently, I am a bit busy with my study and wanted to finish the running projects before taking a new one.

In that case, why does it even matter?

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
947 of 1,749

Hi Shams, 

I would like inform you that I have set your profile visibility to public as requested. If an established freelancer doesn't earn money on Upwork for 30 days, their profile visibility will automatically change to private. This is checked daily, not once a month. If you aren't regularly earning on our platform, your profile may be set to private, even if you submit proposals and interview frequently. There are different ways of setting your profile to public again, one of which is contacting us directly so that we can set your profile visibility to public.

If your profile is set to private again after 30-days, or sometime in the future, check out the options listed in the email notification or in the pop up on Find Work page to set it back to public.
You may read more about this in this help article. I would also like to confirm that this does not affect your Top Rated status. 

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
948 of 1,749

Thanks for the help. I have received an email saying that my profile will be set to public again within the next 72hrs. My account is still set to private. Anyway, hopefully it will get fixed.

I would like to ask that if it happens again will I have to post in the community forum again?

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
949 of 1,749

Hi Shams, 

Your profile visibility is set to public. Kindly clear your cookies and let me know if your profile is still private on your end.

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
950 of 1,749
It is fixed now. Thanks a lot for your kind help. I appreciate it.
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS