cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked private Profile

Highlighted
Laszlo B Member Since: Nov 11, 2019
1031 of 1,362

But how to enable 2step Authentication? What to do after logging in?

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
1032 of 1,362

Hi Laszlo,

Your profile visibility has been updated. Please check this help article to learn more about how you can avoid having your profile automatically set to private.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Atul S Member Since: Oct 10, 2019
1033 of 1,362
Upwork just changed my profile visibility to private.Although l am posting jobs continuesly.
Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
1034 of 1,362

Hi Atul,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Please refer to the support ticket our team sent you regarding your profile.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Naomi R Member Since: Feb 19, 2020
1035 of 1,362

Hi Upwork Community,

[Note: apologies for miscategorizing this! I'd like to move it to the proper category but haven't figured out how.]

I'm new at being active here in Upwork, and have been trying my darndest to get gigs here. I have not been successful but I chalk it up to a few factors on my end. What I am troubled by today is that, at the time when I am most in need of gigs and means of income, and I have an active candidacy in plain sight, my account is set to private without consulting me because I've failed to get gigs or get paid for gigs during the last month. I have to request to be made public again, I am not allowed to do it on my own and resume my daily "search and propose." 

I imagine such measures were put in place to avoid crowding by inactive accounts, but why prevent me from potentially (finally) landing a gig, if it's obvious I am trying, ESPECIALLY when times are very difficult for freelancers? I am on here looking for work every day. Shouldn't Upwork just monitor account activity to carefully determine which freelancers don't use the platforms and which are just getting their legs under them? Or perhaps suspend the policy while the world is trying to survive?

Respectfully,

Naomi

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
1036 of 1,362

Hi Naomi,

Thanks for reaching out. Your profile visibility has been reset back to Public. When your profile is set to private it is not shown in freelancer search results; however, you can still submit proposals and clients will be able to view your profile. Please check out this help article for more information. 

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Brian F Member Since: Jun 4, 2013
1037 of 1,362

Doing what you suggest would mean Upwork cares about treating freelancers well.

But it doesn't.  Just read through these threads.  They care more about having "Gurus" counter even the mildest criticism of Upwork.  It is shameful.

Highlighted
Christina F Member Since: Jan 21, 2020
1038 of 1,362

Hi, I just got this message (attached) and don't understand why? I submitted proposals to 3 jobs within the last few days. So, can you please explain the change to my status?

thanks,

Christina

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
1043 of 1,362

Antun M wrote:

Hakimi M wrote:

A theoretical model linking measures of objectively defined changes in consumer life status to changes in brand preferences and overall satisfaction with product and service purchases is proposed and empirically tested.

Huh?

You typed what I was thinking. lol

Highlighted
Community Guru
Antun M Member Since: Jan 27, 2018
1043 of 1,362

Jennifer M wrote:

Antun M wrote:

Hakimi M wrote:

A theoretical model linking measures of objectively defined changes in consumer life status to changes in brand preferences and overall satisfaction with product and service purchases is proposed and empirically tested.

Huh?

You typed what I was thinking. lol

Hurt my brain, still recovering.

(have googled it, it's a quote from a book; no idea how it applies here)

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS