cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked private Profile

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
1071 of 1,144

Hi Olha,

Your profile visibility is back to public, thank you.

Untitled
Anna P Member Since: Dec 29, 2016
1072 of 1,144

Hi, I was away for several weeks and my account has been set to private. Could someone change it back please? Many thanks!

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
1073 of 1,144

Hi Anna,

Your profile visibility has been updated. Please check this help article to learn more about how you can avoid having your profile automatically set to private.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Do W Member Since: Apr 3, 2019
1074 of 1,144

My profile has been site to private by Upwork ! 

I have three contacts here! Two job offers from next week en one job offer from yesterday. I started with Upwork in January this year and am still learning about everything. How can you possibly conclude that I am not active enough on Upwork and just close my profile? Why? 

1075 of 1,144

site = set

I am really upset. This is so unfriendly. It is hard enough to get work als a "newbie" here, between all those freelancers with 90% succes and hours of work, and now you make it even harder by doing this. 

Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
1076 of 1,144

Hi Do,

I’ve reset your profile visibility back to public. Just so that you are aware, freelancers with no earnings in 30 days will have their profile set to private (locked) automatically. To avoid this, you can resume earnings on a new contract or upgrade your membership to the Plus plan. You can check out more info about this here.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
1077 of 1,144

Thank you, but this still does not make any sense.

I do understand that Upwork wants to close profiles of freelancers who are not active anymore, but how can you conclude that I am not active? In the last month I a have send 12 proposals, got 3 job offers and accepted 3 job offers. Not bad for a beginner. Yes, I was not paid yet, but that is due to unresponsiveness from my clients. One already apologized for that. He was busy.

Making my profile invisible for clients will not improve my opportunity to get new job offers. So, what is the point? One look at my profile and you can see I have been active and still are. 

It is unfriendly and demotivating to close a profile for no good reason. 

I know 'these are the rules" but if rules are unfair or absurd you should change the rules.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
1078 of 1,144

Do W wrote:

I do understand that Upwork wants to close profiles of freelancers who are not active anymore, but how can you conclude that I am not active?

Nobody "closed" your profile. It takes 2 minutes to get the profile set back to public, and as far as Upwork are concerned, the only activity that really counts is money changing hands...

Do W wrote:

It is unfriendly and demotivating to close a profile for no good reason. 

Nobody "closed" your profile. Even when set to private, clients you apply to still see your profile as per normal.  It's not as if you were removed from the platform or are losing out on any business in the short time between being set to private and it being set to public again.

1079 of 1,144

Hello Petra,

This is the email I recieved:

**Edited for community guidelines**

This does not make any sense.

I have not been working? Yes, I have. I have three jobs in progress.

I am not available? Yes I am. I have submitted 3 proposals last week.

I am not ready to start taking on new jobs? Yes I am. I have taken on a new job yesterday!

I am sorry, but I still think it is not normal to receive an email like this, when I am obviously not an inactive freelancer.

regards,

Do

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
1080 of 1,144

Do W wrote:

Hello Petra,

This is the email I recieved:

I know. The email is terribly badly worded, but ultimately, if you have no earnings for 30 days, your profile is set to private - (not closed) - it takes 2 minutes to ask for it to be set to public again and doesn't realistically do you any harm.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS