cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked private Profile

Highlighted
Muhammad F Member Since: Dec 23, 2019
1081 of 1,457

My profile visibility is turned to private, I want to switch it back to public. Please help.

My Profile URL is "https://www.upwork.com/o/profiles/users/~017f3bdc2c283fe38a/".

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
1082 of 1,457

Hi Muhammad,

I’ve reset your profile visibility back to public. Just so that you are aware, profiles of freelancers with a history of earnings on the platform will remain public unless they have not earned in more than 2 years. Profiles of new freelancers who haven’t earned on Upwork will be set to private after 90 days. To avoid this, you can resume earnings on a new contract or upgrade your membership to the Plus plan. You can check out more info about this here.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Muhammad F Member Since: Dec 23, 2019
1083 of 1,457
Thank you so much.
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Atul S Member Since: Oct 10, 2019
1084 of 1,457
Hi
I wish to know why my profile set to be locked as private?
Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
1085 of 1,457

Hi Atul,

Your profile visibility has been reset back to public. When your profile is set to private, your profile is not visible in search results, but the clients can still view your profile once you submit a proposal. For more information, please check out this help article. Thank you!

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Sunday O Member Since: May 22, 2019
1086 of 1,457

Please change my profile to public. I just finished a project. Thank you

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
1087 of 1,457

Hi Sunday,

Your profile visibility has been updated. Please check this Help Article to learn more about how you can avoid having your profile automatically set to private. Thanks!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Mansoor A Member Since: Apr 17, 2020
1088 of 1,457

Hello Gurus,

I had no activity on the Upwork for a while and the profile set to "private". Now that I've started applying for the jobs and submitting proposals to various jobs of my interest. Still, it shows "private". How can it be public for appearing in search results? 

Thank you. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
1089 of 1,457

When you want your profile to be public, you just need to click the button that requests that it be made public.

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
1090 of 1,457

Hi Mansoor,

I’ve reset your profile visibility back to public. Just so that you are aware, profiles of freelancers with a history of earnings on the platform will remain public unless they have not earned in more than 2 years. Profiles of new freelancers who haven’t earned on Upwork will be set to private after 90 days. To avoid this, you can resume earnings on a new contract or upgrade your membership to the Plus plan. You can check out more info about this here.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS