cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked private Profile

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
1141 of 1,161

Hi Oluwatobi,

I’ve reset your profile visibility back to public. Just so that you are aware, freelancers with no earnings in 30 days will have their profile set to private (locked) automatically. To avoid this, you can resume earnings on a new contract or upgrade your membership to the Plus plan. You can check out more info about this here. Thank you.

Untitled
Ivelin A Member Since: Nov 7, 2018
1142 of 1,161

Hello,

After some time I got my account with great 100 % job success, top freelancer and getting only projects which are with decent pay. Still not as much as a company outside of Upwork but I can't complain since I work both ways.
I got a few regular customers which are always coming for more work including two projects which are ongoing and pilling money for Upwork. 
Here is where the problem I am pondering on stands at. 
Everyone went on vacation and the projects just stopped for a bit which is totally normal.
The consequence, however, is that Upwork decided to make my 100 % top-rated account not visible because I didn't take upon any **bleep**ty job they threw at me and kindly requested me to pay them or to start generating again.
From where I am standing they should make people who actually earn for them to come back in a nice way. Instead, it turns out that they give me some sort of sanction.
When I look at it like that it makes me a bit concerned and frustrated.Well mainly frustrated.
Is this a place to actually be checking for development and jobs or I should pull out all those clients I have to the outside and just wave goodbye. 

Tell me what you guys think.Smiley Happy

Cheers.

Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
1143 of 1,161

Ivelin A wrote:

Hello,

After some time I got my account with great 100 % job success, top freelancer and getting only projects which are with decent pay. Still not as much as a company outside of Upwork but I can't complain since I work both ways.
I got a few regular customers which are always coming for more work including two projects which are ongoing and pilling money for Upwork. 
Here is where the problem I am pondering on stands at. 
Everyone went on vacation and the projects just stopped for a bit which is totally normal.
The consequence, however, is that Upwork decided to make my 100 % top-rated account not visible because I didn't take upon any **bleep**ty job they threw at me and kindly requested me to pay them or to start generating again.
From where I am standing they should make people who actually earn for them to come back in a nice way. Instead, it turns out that they give me some sort of sanction.
When I look at it like that it makes me a bit concerned and frustrated.Well mainly frustrated.
Is this a place to actually be checking for development and jobs or I should pull out all those clients I have to the outside and just wave goodbye. 

Tell me what you guys think.Smiley Happy

Cheers.

Just ask a moderator to make your profile public.

Community Guru
Mark F Member Since: Jul 10, 2018
1144 of 1,161

Ivelin A wrote:

Hello,Tell me what you guys think.Smiley Happy

Cheers.

I think you should just mash this big green button:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003975967-Profile-Changed-to-Private-

Or you could wait for a mod to come along and make it public.

Or you could try submitting a help ticket.

Ivelin A wrote:

It's automatic, don't take it personally.  It just means you won't receive invites, if you propose on jobs your profile is still visible and as already stated you can just request to make it not private.  You can do this as many times as you need.

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
1145 of 1,161

Hi Ivelin,

This program is a reward for freelancers who regularly earn on the platform, and a trust and safety measure to prevent off-platform payments. Please let us know if you would you like us to go ahead and reset your profile visibility back to public.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Jason A Member Since: Jul 28, 2017
1146 of 1,161
Hi, my profile visibility has been locked. Can I please have it set back to public please so that I can continue receiving invitations, thanks
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
1147 of 1,161

Hi Jason,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I’ve reset your profile visibility back to the public. Just so that you are aware, freelancers with no earnings in 30 days will have their profile set to private (locked) automatically. To avoid this, you can resume earnings on a new contract or upgrade your membership to the Plus plan. You can check out more info about this here.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Anna P Member Since: Dec 29, 2016
1148 of 1,161

Hi,  help me to make my profile to public. Kind regards, Anna

Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
1149 of 1,161

Hi Anna,

As requested, your profile visibility has been reset back to public. Please check this help article to learn more about how you can reset your profile visibility. Thanks!

-Joanne
Untitled
Saad H Member Since: Aug 10, 2016
1150 of 1,161

Hi, I was busy in exams so couldn't use upwork, today i see, it's on private mode. Can you please make it public so i can start working again.

Thank you in advance

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS