Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked private Profile

Highlighted
Blessing-Adetoye A Member Since: Jun 4, 2020
1171 of 1,603

Hello, 

I am in dire need of my profile to be set to public, please I am expecting a client. 

I need help on this, as I still have active proposals and I am new to Upwork. 

Please set my profile to public. 

Regards

Highlighted
Jozelle P Member Since: Jun 4, 2020
1172 of 1,603

I'm expecting a client and I need to set my account in public. I need help ASAP.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
1173 of 1,603

The "private"/"public" distinction only pertains to whether or not clients can find your profile using browse pages and search functions.

This has nothing to do with you, so you don't need to worry. "ASAP" does not apply.

You do NOT need to set your account to public in order for your expected client to be able to hire you.

And you are always welcome to send people a link to your profile page. You are also welcome to send proposals to posted jobs. When you do that, the client sees no difference between a private versus public profile page.

If you want your profile page to be public, all you need to do is ask:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003975967-Profile-Changed-to-Private-

Highlighted
Sarah H Member Since: Aug 19, 2019
1174 of 1,603

My account has been locked to private due to inactivity, however I have been logging on every day and submitting proposals (4 in the last 4 days). Would anyone be able to help me with this problem?

Thanks!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Phyllis G Member Since: Sep 8, 2016
1175 of 1,603

Hi, Sarah. Use the link in the email you received and request that your visibility be reset to how you had it (public or UW members only). This happens automatically when you go 30 days without receiving a payment. The reason is there are tens of thousands of abandoned FL profiles on the platform. To save clients having to search through all of that dreck, UW switches any profile to private that hasn't earned in 30 days. When your profile is private, you can still submit proposals (your profile isn't "locked"), and clients who have received a proposal from you can still access your profile.

Highlighted
Sarah H Member Since: Aug 19, 2019
1176 of 1,603

Thank you for your help!

Highlighted
Berton P Member Since: Jun 5, 2020
1177 of 1,603

I just bought more connects and an hour later my profile was made private. Please make my profile public or give me a refund

Highlighted
Community Leader
Madison R Member Since: May 19, 2018
1178 of 1,603

You look kind of young in that profile picture, any way you are under 18 and Upwork found out? In any case, your profile was probably made private because of some sort of violation. Upwork probably sent you an email about it, but if they didn't, then go to the main Upwork site and create a support ticket through the question mark button. They will be able to better help you there.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Amanda L Member Since: Jan 23, 2018
1179 of 1,603

Madison R wrote:

You look kind of young in that profile picture, any way you are under 18 and Upwork found out? In any case, your profile was probably made private because of some sort of violation. Upwork probably sent you an email about it, but if they didn't, then go to the main Upwork site and create a support ticket through the question mark button. They will be able to better help you there.

No, profiles are regularly made private due to lack of activity. It is not a suspension or account hold. You can still bid on projects and if you apply to a job, the client can still see your profile. All private means is that you don't show up in search results. To make it public again, click on the button to set the visibility, it should initiate a request to support to make it public again.  If your account has been inactive for a while with no earnings, this automatically happens to help clients find active freelancers versus dormant accounts. 

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
1180 of 1,603

Hi Berton,

Your profile visibility has been reset back to public. When your profile is set to private, your profile is not visible in search results, but the clients can still view your profile when you submit a proposal for their job post. For more information, please check out this help article. Thank you!

-Joanne
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS