Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked private Profile

Highlighted
Community Guru
Richard W Member Since: Jun 22, 2017
1701 of 1,709

Hi Stephane. Don't worry. Having your profile set to private doesn't stop you from submitting proposals, and the clients who receive your proposals will still be able to see your profile.  It just means that your profile won't appear in search results,  so you won't receive any invitations to submit proposals. But if you're new to Upwork you're unlikely to receive useful invitations anyway. Moreover, Upwork will reset your profile to public on request.  (If you can't reach customer support,  you can ask a moderator here in the forum,.) 

Profiles are automatically set to private if you haven't earned anything in the last month. (Edit. This info was out of date.)

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
1702 of 1,709

Stephane V wrote:

1. one must spend connects every day, hence making sure to spend them as fast as possible and purchase more

It's not whether you spend connects, it's whether you earn some money. 

Stephane V wrote:

1. one must spend connects every day, hence making sure to spend them as fast as possible and purchase more

2. one has no right to decide when and how they will spend their conencts. Yesterday I browsed my feedand did not find any relevant post for me to pitch.

3. Last week I did not spend any connect for 4 days in a row (because I did not have time to do it as I was busy) but my profile was never set to "locked"

No, it doesn't mean anything of the sort. If you have previously earned money on the platform, your profile is set to private after 2 years since you last earned something. If you are a new freelancer, who has never earned anything, it's after 90 days. That's 3 months.

Stephane V wrote:

I trust someone will read this and reply to me lightning fast because I am extremely angry, disappointed and ready to fight such injustice.

You are "extremely angry, disappointed and ready to fight the grave injustice" of having to click on something to request your profile to be set to public again after writing an outraged forum post?

It really is no big deal and no hardship. When your profile is set to private, you can have it set to public again with minimum effort. Clients you apply to see your profile, and the ONLY effect it has is that you don't appear in searches. Appearing in searches hasn't done you much good so far, so you're no worse off, and it's quite unlikely that you missed out on anything during the hours between being set to private and being set back to public. Here is an article that explains it, along with a button that let's you get it set back to public.

Richard W wrote:

Profiles are automatically set to private if you haven't earned anything in the last month. 

Nope. 90 days for newbies, 2 years for established freelancers with previous earnings.

Highlighted
Stephane V Member Since: Aug 11, 2020
1703 of 1,709

Stay out of this and I'm being polite.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
1704 of 1,709

Just go to this article and click on the green button. It's ONE mouseclick. That's all it takes. One single click of the mouse.

reset.png

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
1705 of 1,709

Hi Stephane,

Your profile visibility has been reset back to public. When your profile is set to private, your profile is not visible in search results, but the clients can still view your profile when you submit a proposal for their job post. For more information, please check out this help article

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Ramce C Member Since: Aug 10, 2020
1706 of 1,709

Hi, my profile was also in private locked. I dont know why, my client cant view/see my profile.

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
1707 of 1,709

Hi Ramce,

Your profile visibility has been updated. Please check this help article to learn more about how you can avoid having your profile automatically set to private.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Onur U Member Since: Sep 10, 2020
1708 of 1,709

when I checked my account, Upwork has already blocked and it seems to be non-visible at moment? 

I did not earn the money becasue I was really sick and I could not back to work. 

Could you please re-activate my account again?

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
1709 of 1,709

Hi Onur,

Your profile visibility has been reset back to public. When your profile is set to private, your profile is not visible in search results, but the clients can still view your profile when you submit a proposal for their job post. For more information, please check out this help article

-Joanne
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS