cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked private Profile

farazafsar
Syed Faraz A Member Since: Feb 19, 2020
2551 of 2,608

Hi, I'm still looking for clients but my account is currently Locked Private. Please help me. Thank you

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
2552 of 2,608

Hi Syed Faraz,

Your profile visibility has been reset back to public. When your profile is set to private, your profile is not visible in search results, but the clients can still view your profile once you submit a proposal. For more information, please check out this help article.

~ Joanne
Upwork
546102cb
Mobeen Z Member Since: May 19, 2021
2553 of 2,608

Hey everyone, my profile just went to private from public. How can I change it back to public? Tried various methods to shift it to public but failed. Hope to get solution through this upwwork community.

tinker_bell3
2554 of 2,608

Hi Mobeen,

Your profile visibility has been reset back to public. When your profile is set to private, your profile is not visible in search results, but the clients can still view your profile once you submit a proposal. For more information, please check out this help article. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
mydjuice
Muhammad Waqas A Member Since: Oct 11, 2018
2555 of 2,608

My profile is set to private and locked and i cant change it

Please help release profile

egaruth
Nikola S Moderator Member Since: Jul 2, 2020
2556 of 2,608

Hi Muhammad,

Your profile visibility has been updated. Please check this help article to learn more about how you can avoid having your profile automatically set to private. 

~ Nikola

Untitled
wbarkho
Wisam B Member Since: May 31, 2021
2557 of 2,608

I noticed that I do not come up when I try searching for myself by name (or any other way) when searching for talent. I noticed that my profile visibility is 'locked private' with no way to change it. Is the only way to make my profile visible is to have a paid membership? Does this also happen when submitting a proposal (that a client will not see my profile) unless I have a paid membership?

Nor can I add any work history to my profile. Is this work history my own professional work history or my Upwork work history?

a_lipsey
Community Guru
Amanda L Member Since: Jan 23, 2018
2558 of 2,608

You should be able to click on the pencil next to the profile visibility and request it be set to public. 

Your work history is the Upwork work history - your jobs on Upwork. 

Your employment history is your own work, outside of Upwork. 

wbarkho
Wisam B Member Since: May 31, 2021
2559 of 2,608

When I click on that pencil to change visibility setting, my mouse turns into a red circle with a line through it. I cannot change its current setting of private.

tinker_bell3
2560 of 2,608

Hi Wilsam,

Your profile visibility has been reset back to "public". When your profile is set to private, your profile is not visible in search results, but the clients can still view your profile once you submit a proposal. For more information, please check out this help article.

~ Joanne
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS