Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked private Profile

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
2601 of 2,705

Hi Joven,

Your profile visibility is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
8d9ad199
Ruth Ann Ciocon D Member Since: Feb 26, 2021
2602 of 2,705

Please reset my profile from Locked Private to Public. I have just accepted a job offer and will start next week. Thank you.

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
2603 of 2,705

Hi Ruth Ann,

Your profile visibility has been reset back to public. When your profile is set to private, your profile is not visible in search results, but the clients can still view your profile when you submit a proposal for their job post. For more information, please check out this help article.

~ Joanne
Upwork
manzano-fernando
Fernando M Member Since: Mar 3, 2021
2604 of 2,705

Hello, My account is still in "Locked Private" status. I already applied for some jobs but still locked. Can you help my profile to be visible? 

tinker_bell3
2605 of 2,705

Hi Fernando,

Your profile visibility has been reset back to public. When your profile is set to private, your profile is not visible in search results, but the clients can still view your profile when you submit a proposal for their job post. For more information, please check out this help article

~ Joanne
Upwork
chialpay
Rechilda Iren A Member Since: Feb 5, 2017
2606 of 2,705

My profile has been changed to private. Please change it back to public, thanks.

wescowley
Community Guru
Wes C Member Since: May 3, 2019
2607 of 2,705

There's a link at the bottom of the help page: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us - click "Reset Profile Visibility".

tinker_bell3
2608 of 2,705

Hi Rechilda Iren,

Your profile has been reset back to public. You might also want to read this help article for more information. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
hugh_oconnor
Hugh O Member Since: Feb 21, 2021
2609 of 2,705

This (like selling connects) appears to be a way that Upwork profits off of people not actually finding work through the platform.

Because, apparently, taking a 20% commission (deducted from the worker) is not adequate.

This looks really bad. Upwork is trying to extract $15 a month from people who aren't earning anything. It's obvious that there is a high enough percentage of people on here that this applies to, that it's seen as a subtantial revenue stream.

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
2610 of 2,705

Hi Hugh,

I would like to clarify that you can reset your profile visibility by reaching out to our Customer Support or us (Moderators) for free.
I've already updated your visibility back to public, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS