cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked private Profile

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
21 of 480

Hi Giovanni,

I changed your visibility back to public, keep in mind that if you do not earn in the next 30 days your visibility will be switched back to private. Thank you.

Untitled
Sunil T Member Since: Oct 31, 2018
22 of 480

Hi Goran,

I'm not active on Upwork and you have rightfully set my profile to Private.

A potential client is discussing a project and wants to view it.

What should I do?

Thanks.

23 of 480

Hi Sunil,

I just changed your profile visibility back to public, if you have submit a proposal to a job your client will be able to view your profile even if your visibility is set to private. You can learn more about this here, thank you.

Untitled
Deep S Member Since: Oct 7, 2015
24 of 480

Hi , 

What do I need to do If ongoing project has Milestone of over 30 days & it was considered as "I'm not earning" & made my profile as private ? .

I know it'll be Public once milestone has been paid out but I would like to suggest this case while releasing this policy.

25 of 480

Hi Deep,

Thank you for your feedback, I will share this with our team. I've also updated your visibility back to public, if further help is needed let me know. 

Untitled
26 of 480

Thanks for your quick reply & support.

27 of 480

Issue was solved but can you please help me to stop getting emails of this thread ?

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
28 of 480

Hi Deep, 

Click on the menu on the top right of the thread, and click on the "Unsubscribe" option to unsubscribe from email notifications on this thread. 

Screen Shot 2018-11-27 at 1.23.41 PM.png

Additionally, you may also unsubscribe from Community emails by going to your Personal Settings, and ticking the option to not receive emails from the Upwork Community. 

Screen Shot 2018-11-27 at 1.26.34 PM.png

-Avery
Untitled
Carine M Member Since: Jul 10, 2017
29 of 480

Hello (to whom it may concern), 

My profile has no problem for the moment, so no issues to solve. I only want to say my opinion. 

The funny thing is that now that I am working and earning again (and not available for any other job) my profile is public, and if and once my project is over, when I will have to seek for another job or hope someone will see how good iI am and invite me for work - the client will simply not see me because my profile is private! (in this perspective, I must say that I consider myself extremelly lucky that my previous employer wanted to recontact me, otherwise, I would certainly remain private for much more time...)

I understand that having too much "not earning people" is not a good for Upwork, but still, I think that Freelancers who already did nice income (so earning for Upwork too) should have a kind of nicer status. Maybe not a premium one (upwork has to live from something, of course), but still, a kind of reward, like available profiles... otherwise, freelancers are mostly reduced to applying to the jobs and hoping that someone will eventually accept their bid.

Is it possible to reconsider this matter? This would be really great!

Thanks for your time, 

Carine

30 of 480

Hi Carine,

Thank you for your feedback, I will share this with our product manages.
I would also like to confirm that once a profile is changed to private freelancers have one paid and 2 free options to change their visibility back to public.
They can reach out to us (Moderators) here or to our Customer support, or upgrade to our Plus membership plant. Thank you.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS