Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked private Profile

Highlighted
Rashmi P R Member Since: Apr 14, 2016
291 of 1,711

Hi Goran,

My profile has been set to Private too. Could you please unlock my profile?

Thanks!

Rashmi

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
292 of 1,711

@Rashmi P R wrote:

My profile has been set to Private too.

To switch your profile visibility back to "public" or "Upwork users only":

1. Start earning again on a new or existing contract. You're still able to submit proposals and work on your existing contracts while private. Your profile visibility will resume automatically the next time you get paid on a contract.
  2. Upgrade to a Freelancer Plus membership. This will keep your profile public even when you can't work regularly through Upwork.
  3. Request your visibility be resumed (for free). If your account is affected, a special contact link will be available on your Find Work home page in the visibility section. If your profile is set to private again in the future due to no earnings, you'll need to contact us again.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
ASKHAT B Member Since: Sep 10, 2017
293 of 1,711

Help to restore my account

Highlighted
Community Guru
Ryan C Member Since: Feb 3, 2017
294 of 1,711

Hello Askhat,

I have escalated your concern. One of our team members will reach out to you shortly. Thank you!

Untitled
Highlighted
Yevhenii B Member Since: Oct 18, 2017
295 of 1,711

Hi Goran,

Upwork changed my profile to "private" AGAIN.

It's most stupid thinks wich I seen ever. They said that they do this to improve client’s search results and show them more freelancers who are available.

If I didn't work last few months, I'm totaly available for the new work and I'm in search the clients.

Please unlock my account.
Thanks!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
296 of 1,711

@Yevhenii B wrote:

It's most stupid thinks wich I seen ever. They said that they do this to improve client’s search results and show them more freelancers who are available.

If I didn't work last few months, I'm totaly available for the new work and I'm in search the clients.

What they're not saying out loud is "freelancers who are available and whose hiring record suggests that they're the freelancers clients are looking for."

If you've been bidding for the last few months and not landing jobs, that suggests that you're not what Upwork clients are shopping for.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
297 of 1,711

@Yevhenii B wrote:

If having a public profile hasn't resulted in a single Dollar earned for several months, having your profile that is set to private won't have any negative effect either.

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
298 of 1,711

Yevhenii,

Your profile visibility has been reset.

Thank you.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
karan K Member Since: Oct 10, 2017
299 of 1,711

Hello i request you please  change my profile status from private to public asap

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
300 of 1,711

Hi Karan,

Our team will change your visibility shortly.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS