cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked private Profile

Ace Contributor
Chan M Member Since: Oct 15, 2018
51 of 1,898

Hi , you made my profile private . Please fix this ASAP.

Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
52 of 1,898

Hi Chad,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Your profile visibility has been updated to public as requested. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Carine M Member Since: Jul 10, 2017
53 of 1,898

Hello (to whom it may concern), 

My profile has no problem for the moment, so no issues to solve. I only want to say my opinion. 

The funny thing is that now that I am working and earning again (and not available for any other job) my profile is public, and if and once my project is over, when I will have to seek for another job or hope someone will see how good iI am and invite me for work - the client will simply not see me because my profile is private! (in this perspective, I must say that I consider myself extremelly lucky that my previous employer wanted to recontact me, otherwise, I would certainly remain private for much more time...)

I understand that having too much "not earning people" is not a good for Upwork, but still, I think that Freelancers who already did nice income (so earning for Upwork too) should have a kind of nicer status. Maybe not a premium one (upwork has to live from something, of course), but still, a kind of reward, like available profiles... otherwise, freelancers are mostly reduced to applying to the jobs and hoping that someone will eventually accept their bid.

Is it possible to reconsider this matter? This would be really great!

Thanks for your time, 

Carine

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
54 of 1,898

Hi Carine,

Thank you for your feedback, I will share this with our product manages.
I would also like to confirm that once a profile is changed to private freelancers have one paid and 2 free options to change their visibility back to public.
They can reach out to us (Moderators) here or to our Customer support, or upgrade to our Plus membership plant. Thank you.

Untitled
Ace Contributor
Fatima N Member Since: Jun 23, 2019
55 of 1,898
How can I know my profile is locked and not private and why does upwork made certain profiles private.
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
56 of 1,898

Hi Fatima, 

If an established freelancer doesn't earn money on Upwork for 30 days, their profile visibility will automatically change to private. This is checked daily, not once a month. If you aren't regularly earning on our platform, your profile may be set to private, even if you submit proposals and interview frequently. There are different ways of setting your profile to public again, one of which is contacting us directly so that we can set your profile visibility to public.  You may read more about this in this help article.

-Avery
Untitled
Diana K Member Since: Nov 21, 2018
57 of 1,898

Hello, Goran, 
I have no idea that my profile will be blocked to private if I don't send proposals. Just because there was an accident. 
So, please, can you help me make my profile public? 

58 of 1,898

Hi Diana,

I’ve reset your profile visibility back to public. Just so that you are aware, freelancers with no earnings in 30 days will have their profile set to private (locked) automatically. To avoid this, you can resume earnings on a new contract or upgrade your membership to the Plus plan. You can check out more info about this here. Thank you.

Untitled
Talha A Member Since: Jan 3, 2019
59 of 1,898

Dear Goran,

I am new to freelancing,  but I created my account about a year ago when I heard about Upwork for the first time.  I used to send proposals sometimes but due to studies, I was unable to give much time to freelancing. And when I wanted to get started properly and was getting a little response from clients, Upwork just locked my account to private which was quite depressing for me. Kindly help me, to unlock my account. So, I would be able to work properly. I hope, you can understand my need.

Thanks,

M. Talha **Edited for Community Guidelines**

60 of 1,898

Hi Talha,

I've just updated your visibility back to public, if further help is needed let me know. Thank you.

Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS