🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Log work hour issue
Page options
hanni_uk
Community Member

Log work hour issue

HiI got a job today and conducted a 2.5 hrs conf call consultancy. However, I can't find any + button to bill my hours.Can you please advise if any technical issue with my account ?
3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

There is no technical issue with your account. The problem is user training. You do yet system fully. That is okay! You came to the right place to learn.

We do not "bill our hours." We "log out time."

When we log our time, then we get paid automatically.

You should verify that your contract allows you to log manual time.

Then you will use your work diary tool to add manual time to your work diary. Then just wait to get paid automatically. Easy.

wlyonsatl
Community Member

NP,

You'll have to install Upwork's desktop app TimeTracker and use that to track your time for each of your hourly projects.

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211064088-Install-the-Desktop-App

Avoid manual hours, if at all possibe, unless you know and trust the client, Manual hours you add to your timelogs never qualify for Upwork's payment protection and Upwork has no means to and will under no circumstances make any effort on your behalf to enforce payment from a client for manually-booked time.

The Time Tracker only recognizes activity in terms of keyboard or mouse activity, so if you are on a phone call, take notes using your computer. Be sure there is alway such activity during every time slot you work (Time Tracker tracks 10-minute intervals of activity).

Good luck!

petra_r
Community Member

N P wrote:
HiI got a job today and conducted a 2.5 hrs conf call consultancy. However, I can't find any + button to bill my hours.Can you please advise if any technical issue with my account ?

As you've done 4 hourly contracts already, you probably know how to add manual time. You do have an active contract, right?

Check whether manual time is disabled on the contract, it is purely at the client's discretion. Is there any chance that the contract is already closed?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths