🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Logged hours are not being count in Contract ...
Page options
xdzain461
Community Member

Logged hours are not being count in Contract and Reports

Hi there, I have been working on an Hourly job for 3 months. I worked for 3:50 (3 hours and 50 minutes) today so far and hours logged this week are 9:40 hours. When I checked Reports, it shows that I have logged 7;30 hours this week instead of 9;40 and time logged today is 1:40 instead of 3:50. I am asking the question to know whether it is a bug or client's payment method has been declined. 

58 REPLIES 58
resdelacruz
Community Member

I'm having the same issue, so I think something's up with Upwork. I have 2:20 hours logged on my second client, but it has yet to show up on my Reports page. Logging time for my first client worked, but that was earlier in the day for me. It seems like something happened in the time between I stopped logging for my first client and started logging for my second (about 2-ish hours).

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Zain, and Robert,

I'm sorry to hear about this. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Alexander,

I have the same issue for today's work. Just a note, last night updated the tracker to the newest version

mademoise11e
Community Member

Hello Support Community!

My work in progress does not update. I have worked for 4 hours, but it still 3...

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Tetiana, and Zain,

I shared your issue with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi, I have just worked for 1 hour on one of my active contracts, but the hours are not being updated on the Reports page. I know the tracker has been working, and I have logged time properly as it shows on the My Jobs page. Is there a problem with the Reports page not being updated today? TIA2020-02-03_094736_www.upwork.com.png

2020-02-03_094810_www.upwork.com.png

I'm having the same problem. It's definitely a bug. Notice how it says the report is updated every hour — I've been working for two, and there's no update yet. The work diary looks normal, though. Come on Upwork... Get your **edited for Community Guidelines** together.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Maria, and Varun, 

Let me look into this further, and I'll get back to you once I have more information. 

~ Avery
Upwork
zen_abe
Community Member

I thought I'm alone on this.

"Report" screen show 1 hour 20 minutes billed.

"Work Diary" on the other hand shows full 2 hours 10 minutes.

Hi Avery,

I am having the same problem. Can you please help.

Thanks.

BR,

Rana

Me too have the same problem

Hello there,

I have a strange problem. In my work diary, I am able to see (Refer Pic 1.jpg) the 1 hour I logged today.

But in reports (Refer Pic 2.jpg), I am not able to see that. 

Kindly verify and correct.

Regards

Joy

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone, 

Please know that the team is aware of the issue and we're investigating it further. I have shared your account information with the Customer Support Team so that they can reach out to you and assist you further with this concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork

I worked 4 hours for my 2 projects on upwork. Desktop tracked those hours and showing my progress as well. But on Upwork reports page is not showing earning and hours worked for current week.

Experiencing the same problem now but mine is just for 1 client only.

There is an existing thread already. The Upwork team is aware of the issue and they're working on a fix. Bug fixes take time, so be patient — you don't want a slipshod fix that causes hydra bugs.

Hi Awais and Aileen,

I`ve shared your account details with our team and one of our team members will reach out to you via ticket to assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I am having the same problem and several of my Upwork friends are experiencing it now. 

Hi Team,

I am having the same problem today.Ca you please look into this

Hi Rana,

Could you please send me more information about the problem you are experiencing? I checked and your 'Work in progress' page is showing the same amount of hours worked according to the contracts.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksandar,

The amount which is Work in progress Tab is from 2 other clients. I have started working on the third contract and hours are logged properly in work dairy but it is not showing up in work in progress tab.

Please find attached screenshot. Hours are visible in work dairy but absent in Reports.

BR,

Rana
**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Rana,

Please allow an hour or two for everything to be updated accordingly. If your time is still not synchronized let me know here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello Goran. Can you check mine as well? I have logged out of the tracker 4 hours ago but my WIP hasn't updated yet.

Hi Goran,

Thank you so much. it is resolved.

BR,

Rana

You are not alone on this. I am having the same issue for my most active contract. Others seem to work well. 

Hope this is fixed soon enough...

Hello same issue here 🙋‍:female_sign: I understand if there is a bug in displaying the work in progress, as long as we can be assured that the payment amount and scheds would not be affected 🙂

Hey Guys,

Is there a problem with overview reports today, August 14? I entered my hours and it is not reflecting in the overview report but I can see it in my work diary. It's just odd because I've been doing this for months and this is the first time that my hours aren't reflected in real-time.  

Please help.

Thanks,

Geri

Hi upwork team

it is showing in the timesheet but not added in the actual hours under the contract after update the tracking desktop app.
my tracked time is not showing in the contract under (Timesheet this week) section only.

Thanks

I am having the same problem. I think there's an issue. 

my problem is solved now and now showing perfect time tacked in timesheet and contract page now.

Hi all,

I checked with the team and the issue should be resolved by now. Could you please check and let me know if the hours displayed are showing properly now? 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

resolved now showing properly 

I worked for a few hours today and it's not showing up in my Overview. I even logged the time properly and the work shows in my work diary but not in my overview feed. Can anyone please help or tell me if this is normal or do I have to do something?

mahmad01261997
Community Member

Hello Everyone,
I have a short query. I did work on hourlie with client that started sunday and about 100 are still in review after 6 days not in pending why is that?

Another question is that I completed work if I end project today and exchange feedback with client then the remaining funds will deducted from his account or they will be deducted on Sunday? Just want to ask can I end today or wait for sunday?

Aonther question that upwork desktop application shows 17 hours and 30 min work this week while on website in contract section of that client it is showing 16 hours work done this week. 

Last time in fixed price project a client did fraud with me escaped without paying that's why asking these questions now.. Thanks yo all

Hi Muhammad,

The weekly billing period begins Monday at 00:00 midnight UTC and ends Sunday at 23:59 UTC. On Monday at 12 noon UTC following the close of the billing period, clients are automatically invoiced for hourly contracts. Upwork charges their primary billing method and sends a reminder to review their contract’s Work Diary. For more information on the Weekly billing cycle, check out this help article.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with your other concerns.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

My hours today are also not showing on my report or on the contract, even though they are showing on the time tracker.  (Edit: they're showing now!)

ben_topper
Community Member

Hi All,

Has anyone noticed occassions when work done, and recorded by the desktop app, doesn't get uploaded onto the work diary? I just did 40 minutes work, had the timer on, it said it was taking photos, it recorded the time of the "current session" but then never added it to the contract? This wasn't over-time.

Ben

Hi Benjamin,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket here.

~ Nikola
Upwork
rachel_zinn
Community Member

I am also experiencing the same thing. I've worked approximately 8 hours this week and although I have been logging in on a daily basis and during my time working, screenshots have been captured and at the end of my session the time is logged correctly, it is not saving it and registering in my Work Diary. I looked at my diary for the week and it says I have only worked 1:10 this week (the last day it shows I logged in on my report was 8/17/20 even though I've worked every day this week. I've contacted support, waiting for a response. Glad to know I'm not alone here. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths