🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Logged hours are not being count in Contract ...
Page options
xdzain461
Community Member

Logged hours are not being count in Contract and Reports

Hi there, I have been working on an Hourly job for 3 months. I worked for 3:50 (3 hours and 50 minutes) today so far and hours logged this week are 9:40 hours. When I checked Reports, it shows that I have logged 7;30 hours this week instead of 9;40 and time logged today is 1:40 instead of 3:50. I am asking the question to know whether it is a bug or client's payment method has been declined. 

58 REPLIES 58
a_ishfaq
Community Member

Hi, I am facing the same issue so kindly help me as I have logged in hours but they are not showing on the work diary even I try to add them via manual time but still there is nothing on the sheet.
Kindly help me.
Thanks

Hi Abdulrehman,

Could you please try the troubleshooting steps here? If the issue persists, please let us know. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
a_ishfaq
Community Member

Hey,
Still not resolved as I have already logged in hour And complete my work so I tried to add manual time. The manual time is successfully added but nothing shown on the sheet.
Thanks

Hi Abdulrehman,

Could you please send me a private message with the Contract ID so that I can check and assist you further?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

What I did that worked for me was I went to the 'Help' section and in the search bar I typed "work diary troubleshooting". I followed many of the steps listed as well as adjusted my computer's antivirus settings. I think you should start there. Good luck!

gocreate2017
Community Member

Hi there,

I'm having the same issue, unless I'm misunderstanding something. 

My timer shows a different time under "Current session" and "Today", whereby "Today"'s time is always a lot shorter. 

Just now, for example, I worked 3:20 on a client. That's what "Current session" recorded correctly, but under "Today's time" it showed "2:20". And when I checked my work reports, it added 2:20, not the correct 3:20. 

This has been happening many times over the past few weeks, but initially I thought I was misunderstanding something so I didn't flag it. 

I'm attaching a screenshot of when this same issue occured last Monday, and the equivalent in my jobs report. Can someone please look into it. We freelancers rely heavily on the UpWork timer app, and frankly so far it's been a disaster. For three weeks I had to log time manually because it had a bug, and now it looks like it's not counting my hours correctly. These issues cost us freelancers a fair bit of money, and given how crucial the timer is for us it would be good if it worked flawlessly.

Hi Francesco,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further. 

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
hazice
Community Member

I have the same issue today. I worked for 4 hours but none was captured. I hope someone can help me out on what seems to be the issue. Thank you. 

Hi Hazel,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
bushaf
Community Member

I am having this issue atm app shows 2:50 that I have worked... Web shows 10 mins only

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Bozidar,

Please allow for some time so that everything is updated accordingly and your time is uploaded to the Work Diary. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
c0ed8f3b
Community Member

Hello. Yesterday I accidentally faced with this issue. I reporterd 3.30 but reports shows only 2.30.

I am afreaid I need to check all previous weeks now.

Hi Vitali,

Please allow time for the update to show accurately. You may also check manually by checking the days and setting the timezone in your local time.

~ Joanne
Upwork
jewel_bellsss
Community Member

4196D541-439E-4DAD-AF66-51D8CAFF7BDF.jpeg

I also encounter the same problem can the system fix it?

Hi Christine,

Thank you for your message. Could you please confirm if your missed hours are already added to your Timesheet now? 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
f9ab4c8a
Community Member

I'm having the same issue. One of the freelancers I work with logged her hours last Friday the 31st. She logged 9 hours, but when she check it a few days later it said she had only worked 6.5 hours. 

It would be great if someone from Support could reach out to let me know why this is happening and what I can do to prevent it from happening further.

Hi Ewing,

Thank you for your message. I see that you have multiple contracts active on your account. We will need to check the freelancer's account to investigate this further. Could you please request the freelancer to contact us directly for better assistance? 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
aliiqbalkhan98
Community Member

Hi,

I am also facing the same issue. My Upwork time tracker is showing the correct hours that I have worked, i.e. 14 hours and 30 minutes. However, my Reports>>Overview>>Work in Progress tab has not been updating. The issue started a few hours ago and it was fine before that today. The last 1 hour and 40 minutes that I have worked are showing on the Upwork time tracker and all screenshots have been taken, however, my Reports>>Overview>>Work in Progress tab  is not syncing with the time tracker and only shows a total of 12 hours and 50 minutes. (a difference of 1 hours and 40 minutes). I would appreciate if someone has a look at it.

Thank you!

Hi Ali,

I can see that you've reached out to our support team and raised a ticket about your report. I can confirm that it's been taken care of and resolved. Your timesheet data, along with your reports data, should now be in sync.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members